Crysis 4 not be a fps?

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon
The Crysis franchise definitely has a future, but that future may not be in the first-person shooter genre, according to Crytek producer Michael Elliot Read.

“You know, I think at this point I don’t want to give anything away,” Read told Dusty Cartridge in a recent interview. “But I think the Crysis franchise itself has life left in it. Whether it’s in a different game type format, whether it’s expanding upon this, it’s hard to say. That’s going to be up to the designers at the end of the day.”

“Crysis was always intended to be a trilogy and I think that over that time we’ve built a really cool universe. We haven’t really gone in and said ‘Hey let’s put Nano suits and clown suits and stuff and completely violate and sell our IP,” he added. “We’ve done a fairly good job at maintaining that, so I think in terms of the universe, we have a lot more life left in that to go back and try some unique stuff. Whether it’s FPS or not I have no idea, but there’s definitely a future in the franchise.”

Crysis 3 is due to release February 19 in the U.S. and February 22 in Europe for Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, and PC.

Crysis 4 Could Explore Different Genres, May Not Be An FPS | EGMNOW

Imagine An RPG with the nano suit :D

OP
theserpent

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon
I wish it will be RPG! I hope its something like he takes a time machine to the past...Killing dragons etc with these futuristic weapons

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
I wish it will be RPG! I hope its something like he takes a time machine to the past...Killing dragons etc with these futuristic weapons

killing dragons with guns? lol i dont think the devs should experiment with the game setting. as for FPS-semiRPG, i think Borderlands has set the standard. make crysis a FPS-semiRPG and fans will complain its a borderlands rip-off. Devs should keep the game as it is. maybe they can fiddle with the gameplay a bit. but not the basic thing.

but i would definitely like it if the Ceph guns are made useable. badass!!

@thesrpent: played dragon age?? i'm not a RPG fan, but its one of the best i have played.

sam_738844

Wise Old Owl
killing dragons with guns? lol i dont think the devs should experiment with the game setting. as for FPS-semiRPG, i think Borderlands has set the standard. make crysis a FPS-semiRPG and fans will complain its a borderlands rip-off. Devs should keep the game as it is. maybe they can fiddle with the gameplay a bit. but not the basic thing.

but i would definitely like it if the Ceph guns are made useable. badass!!

@thesrpent: played dragon age?? i'm not a RPG fan, but its one of the best i have played.

Hey what about all in one...see the game starts with its signature FPS universe..then after a climax point let Prophet hold the line in a near-destroyed city from the Aliens in a RTS suit (camera moves up to a skyloft and gives an overhead view)...u know with some Digistructed Nano-Pods (as production buildings) with Nano-Crystals as the Resource to be harvested as a rare earth element imbued with alien bio-signature. Units would be under control of Prophet as a Hero and suit powers can be distributed as strength units, stealth units, agile trackers and Sharp shooters.

Then after that point to point Prophet can upgrade himself questing for relics and artifacts and owning citys and reigns over aline forces, this may be scaled with sci-tech wepaons in his inventory which will signify an RPG element ( spell force done that ), then...*cough* *cough* some fast travel sequences can be granularized into Fast Alien tech cars and dusty roads injecting racing elements. This almost sums it up the genres, except i can still imgaine Prophet Playing a win-to-live Sci-fi FIFA match in his own "Maximum" Style with illiterate green aliens. :D

Hey what about all in one...see the game starts with its signature FPS universe..then after a climax point let Prophet hold the line in a near-destroyed city from the Aliens in a RTS suit (camera moves up to a skyloft and gives an overhead view)...u know with some Digistructed Nano-Pods (as production buildings) with Nano-Crystals as the Resource to be harvested as a rare earth element imbued with alien bio-signature. Units would be under control of Prophet as a Hero and suit powers can be distributed as strength units, stealth units, agile trackers and Sharp shooters.

Then after that point to point Prophet can upgrade himself questing for relics and artifacts and owning citys and reigns over aline forces, this may be scaled with sci-tech wepaons in his inventory which will signify an RPG element ( spell force done that ), then...*cough* *cough* some fast travel sequences can be granularized into Fast Alien tech cars and dusty roads injecting racing elements. This almost sums it up the genres, except i can still imgaine Prophet Playing a win-to-live Sci-fi FIFA match in his own "Maximum" Style with illiterate green aliens. :D

please, no racing sequence :)

CommanderShawnzer

Steam High Templar
:hyper: :bananana: Crysis Effect :bananana: :hyper:
I wish it will be RPG! I hope its something like he takes a time machine to the past...Killing Ceph dragons etc with these futuristic weapons

sam_738844

Wise Old Owl
Anyway i still sincerely believe that Crysis Title is still alive because of its ground-braking Crytek Engine and the gameplay it offers aligning with the same, otherwise story and FPS specific gameplay wise its not very rewarding to a gamer, keeping in mind that other FPS titles such as Black Ops 2 and Battlefield are closely catching up, and what else can i say about the elements offered by BorderLands2! simply amazing. although i can bet on EA's strategy to offer a different feather in Crysis's Cap such as RTS or RPG, it will unfailingly be a dissapointment as graphics alone have never beared the weight of a blockbuster hit, revolutionary, blood-boiling gaming experience in those two genres as Bethesda, Bioware, Microsoft Game studios or Blizzard had done.

OP
theserpent

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon
I would want a Tps..Probably a switch to change between tps and fps is better
It should be completly open world-dragons etc in future world-Enough of ALIENS.
Probably they can have a 8-10 hour long main quest + 30+ hours of side quest.
You can drive,fly what you want.:D

I would want a Tps..Probably a switch to change between tps and fps is better
It should be completly open world-dragons etc in future world-Enough of ALIENS.
Probably they can have a 8-10 hour long main quest + 30+ hours of side quest.
You can drive,fly what you want.:D

You need a modded gta? :p

anirbandd

Conversation Architect

wat?? bro.. FYI, Prophet dies in C2. how can you make phophet kickass? and your suggestion amounts to make crysis a RTS game. :yuck: owing cities and reigning.. Sid Meiers Civilization is your game bro.

FIFA in Crysis?? :banghead: :facepalm:

but, hey, hats off to your imagination! ;)

Top Bottom