Crysis 3

Jripper

Pro/An---tagonist xD
^ Many people have older graphics cards with only dx10/10.1 support or even dx9.
And also,some people prefer to play in dx9/dx10 to get better framerates. So bad news for them.

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Similar to the Crysis 1 DX10 only crap, somebody will release a workaround :)

Correction, C1 was never DX10 only, only the Very High settings were restricted from DX9, which from the very onset looks artificial. And if Crytek really bluffs this time too, God helps them.

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
^^ I was about to post this trailer but saw your post. You beat me to it. :)

Coming down to this trailer i have no words to describe the amount of effort crytek has put into making this game not only visually stunning
but with some amazing gameplay sequences. The alien enemies in this game look far more realistic than crysis 2. The implementation of physics (in house engine) in this game seems jaw dropping
and the explosions seem life like. Its also got full destructive environments like the original crysis. And the character models are the best in a video game yet.

This game is going to cripple the mightiest video cards even in sli/crossfire for sure. After watching this trailer in 1080p i don't think BF3 even belongs in this league.

More discussion on this after the game releases. :) Darn i don't think my card can run this even in half decent settings.

cyborg47

Technomancer
^^ I was about to post this trailer but saw your post. You beat me to it. :)

Coming down to this trailer i have no words to describe the amount of effort crytek has put into making this game not only visually stunning
but with some amazing gameplay sequences. The alien enemies in this game look far more realistic than crysis 2. The implementation of physics (in house engine) in this game seems jaw dropping
and the explosions seem life like. Its also got full destructive environments like the original crysis. And the character models are the best in a video game yet.

This game is going to cripple the mightiest video cards even in sli/crossfire for sure. After watching this trailer in 1080p i don't think BF3 even belongs in this league.

More discussion on this after the game releases. :) Darn i don't think my card can run this even in half decent settings.

Didn't we all say the same thing with crysis 2 before its release? look what happened in the end, not that I don't trust Crytek, but I'd prefer testing the game first before putting my money on it ;)

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
^^ Buddy those were my first impressions after watching that trailer. The alien enemies look more organic this time than crysis 2. Their attacks also seems vicious.
Crytek had given hints about dynamic AI while showcasing its cryengine 3 sdk. I guess the trailer showed a piece of that. The trees are destructible in crysis 3 just like the original.

Check this out btw:

Crytek promises MSAA, SMAA(T2x on consoles), Nvidia TXAA and something new for Crysis 3

I wonder what's new!!!!

cyborg47

Technomancer
duh..that's pretty much a carbon copy of what they said about Crysis 2, the hype was over the top and everybody fell for it. The AI in particular was hyped like it was best in the industry, it was marketed that way, the result...disaster. The aliens from c2 looked different from the ones in crysis1, the design was better, but we all know the end result was :D
I'm not going to open that link, i'd read enough C2 articles of that kind, so i ll keep my hopes down to zero and see what the game offers. I'd suggest you the same, you don't want to end up whining about the game after its release do you? :p

Last edited:

mohiuddin

Journeyman
@Vickybat, i totally agree with cyborg47.
I would not taste the same hype-sh*t again . Will wait upto their release keeping my hope down to nil.:(

Gen.Libeb

Padawan
Everyone I know who has played Crysis 1/2 prefer fighting Humans rather than aliens. How about you guys ?
If the 3rd is anything like the first six levels of the original Crysis, its gonna be great for me.

cyborg47

Technomancer
Everyone I know who has played Crysis 1/2 prefer fighting Humans rather than aliens. How about you guys ?
If the 3rd is anything like the first six levels of the original Crysis, its gonna be great for me.

me, hunting down the humans was way more fun than the aliens.

tkin

Back to school!!
I dunno, I enjoyed kicking Cephs better, humans are common, cephs entice me, the faster the enemy moves the better, the ai was crap, that ruined it, a properly programmed ceph would rock.

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
I dunno, I enjoyed kicking Cephs better, humans are common, cephs entice me, the faster the enemy moves the better, the ai was crap, that ruined it, a properly programmed ceph would rock.

From that trailer i saw, the cephs seemed far more aggressive in crysis 3. I guess they have done some serious work in improving AI this time.

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
“Gamers want a reason to upgrade their hardware”: Crytek won’t be held back by consoles for Crysis 3

Time to upgrade people............:hyper:

Top Bottom