Crysis 2 or AC: Brohood?

NVIDIAGeek

Long Live Gojira!
First, I really like MP. What would be the wise choice among these two? A better game, which is? Bugs, current MP state and replay value. I hear Crysis 2's a CoD-clone and Brohood has some fresh MP. Which is more awesome and worth 889 bux?

But Crysis 2 will have free MP maps when the editor's released and that's my fav. series. It's a darn tough decision. HALP!

varunb

Working in an IT company
Ultimately it depends on what genre you like the most. Since you haven't played ACB's MP, all I can say is that it is totally fresh, has a lot of replayability value, levelling up to get powerful versions of assassination or defense abilities, has suspense, excitement, etc.

Why don't you see the gameplay of both the games' MP & decide for yourself. A lot of guys have uploaded their gameplays with audio commentaries.

Hmm. Tough choice. C2 has awesome MP mode. But currently we don't have Indian Servers AFAIK. You you will have to play in EUR or Malaysian servers. So go for it if you get good ping with foreign servers.

I have no idea about Brotherhood MP.

PS:Welcome back mate. :) Keep clean.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Crysis 2 as you like MP more. They are different genres.

If you get good ping with foreign server go for it.

Although I dont like SP of Crysis 2 that much.

varunb

Working in an IT company
@Nvidiageek: some people commenting here haven't even tried the MP of ACB, so dont jump the gun by just reading their preferences of C2. I am not saying C2 is bad. Its upto you. Read my previous post & decide for yourself.

OP
N

NVIDIAGeek

Long Live Gojira!
@varun: Yeah, I know. I've seen the gameplay vids of Brohood, it looks good, but ain't it boring to do the same killing again? It's like hide and seek. But C2's MP has made a name for itself. And, a major plus point for C2 is it'll have free maps for MP when the editor's out. Modders sure gonna make C2 extremely lovable. Hell, they've already started it w/e the editor.

Gah!

@Jojo: I'll try, mate. I never know when my adrenaline will shoot up. I'm defo not gonna be here when they show BF3's MP trailer, that's for sure.

Last edited:

varunb

Working in an IT company
ACB has hide n seek & kill but killing is not that simple. Its not just killing but u gotta defend yourself by either fooling your pursuers or throwing smoke bomb in their face to stun them. Same thing is in C2 also. Hide, then cloak & then shoot him in the face.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
varub said:
Hide, then cloak & then shoot him in the face.
Doing a stealth kill or grab and throw kill is better. Shooting drastically reduces energy..In later levels Cloak is THE most important thing. Without it I probably would'nt have been able to complete C2

And also, I think Multiplayer of C2 is way better than ACB

varunb

Working in an IT company
Doing a stealth kill or grab and throw kill is better. Shooting drastically reduces energy..In later levels Cloak is THE most important thing. Without it I probably would'nt have been able to complete C2

And also, I think Multiplayer of C2 is way better than ACB

And I think ACB's MP is wayyy better than C2. Its a matter of personal choices. ACB's mp has that freshness as compared to the usual FPS shooters like C2, BFBC2 & COD.

@varun: Yeah, I know. I've seen the gameplay vids of Brohood, it looks good, but ain't it boring to do the same killing again? It's like hide and seek.

Its not simply run-into-his-face-&-kill-him. Stealth kill matters. Poisoning your target fetches the most points. Incognito kill fetches you around 400 points or more. The better your stealth kills are, the higher your rank goes into that 10 min session. Its never boring because half that time you have to identify & kill your target & the other time you have to watch your back for pursuers. Why don't use buy both the games & see for yourself ? I have seen your posts which clearly indicate that you loved AC2 & ACB so I am positively sure that you will adore the ACB MP.

Or you can buy C2 later because there are no Indian servers right now & buy ACB first.

Look at these:

*i1091.photobucket.com/albums/i387/varunb/ACBMP2011-04-2313-46-23-31.png

*i1091.photobucket.com/albums/i387/varunb/ACBMP2011-04-2313-46-12-29.png

*i1091.photobucket.com/albums/i387/varunb/ACBMP2011-04-2313-46-01-98.png

*i1091.photobucket.com/albums/i387/varunb/ACBMP2011-04-2313-45-45-47.png

*i1091.photobucket.com/albums/i387/varunb/ACBMP2011-04-2313-45-36-47.png

*i1091.photobucket.com/albums/i387/varunb/ACBMP2011-04-2313-45-22-22.png

*i1091.photobucket.com/albums/i387/varunb/ACBMP2011-04-2313-45-18-56.png

*i1091.photobucket.com/albums/i387/varunb/ACBMP2011-04-2313-45-08-12.png

*i1091.photobucket.com/albums/i387/varunb/ACBMP2011-04-2313-44-59-12.png

*i1091.photobucket.com/albums/i387/varunb/ACBMP2011-04-2313-44-43-41.png

*i1091.photobucket.com/albums/i387/varunb/ACBMP2011-04-2313-44-35-54.png

Last edited:
OP
N

NVIDIAGeek

Long Live Gojira!
^That looks sweet! Can you use the hidden pistol? Like in SP?

And, yeah, C2 has no recoil at all. The guns are straight copy-paste from CoD. For those tiny maps, stealth kills don't count at all. BC2 has some stealth element because of big maps. You can sneak up on an unknowing sniper in the hill and stab him, but that's a no-go in C2. Very tiny maps, or until the editor comes out.

CE3 SDK is what making me lean towards C2.

soumo27

→|Requiescat| |in| |Pace|
The stealth element in Brotherhood is what is most enjoyable in the game. And it's not always like playing hide and seek. You need very good strategy to master this game, and it's not that easy, too. It's a new experience in terms of Multiplayer, and the good thing is that even with a bad ping/slow Net Speed, you can enjoy the game.

Matchmaking in Multiplayer is not that a hassle too.

I didn't play Crysis 2, but I will surely recommend this to anyone.

In addition to all these, you also have a variety of Game Modes, each requiring you to use different strategies, and abilities. And different maps offer wide range of experience. In some maps, you can roam about rooftops most of the time, and in others, you won't even find a single rooftop to climb.
:p

^That looks sweet! Can you use the hidden pistol? Like in SP?

And, yeah, C2 has no recoil at all. The guns are straight copy-paste from CoD. For those tiny maps, stealth kills don't count at all. BC2 has some stealth element because of big maps. You can sneak up on an unknowing sniper in the hill and stab him, but that's a no-go in C2. Very tiny maps, or until the editor comes out.

CE3 SDK is what making me lean towards C2.

Yes, you can use the Hidden Gun, but that doesn't mean you can shoot at everyone, anytime. All abilities possess cool down periods. :oops:

gameranand

Living to Play
Well I would rather go for ACB than C2 because we have already played a numerous no. of FPS MPs but ACB's MP is completely different. It gives a new experience to the player. I have not played this game's MP but still I would prefer this one.

gameranand

Living to Play
Look buddy its entirely upto you. I would prefer ACB because it gives a new experience not just the same shooting which the whole damn world plays. It gives a new experience thats all I am saying.
I know that C2 will have free MP maps but if you'll buy BF3 then you already have a great MP but you can't have a experience which ACB have to offer with any other game.

.=Pyro=.

Burning in the skies
ACB MP is unique and bloody fun too but C2 MP is simply more fun. But C2 is FPS and ACB is a 3rd person action so it depends more on which genre you wanna play more.

varunb

Working in an IT company
But C2 will have free maps. Maybe bigger ones. :(

Dude u need to sit & think properly now. Throughout this thread u r hellbent on 2 things: C2 editor & free maps. Seriously, get a hold of yourself. :razz: I m starting to think that there is something wrong with you.

Top Bottom