Criticize my Ryzen Build - added RYZEN BENCHMARKS!!!

gta5

Ambassador of Buzz
I've been running moderate OC with the Gigabyte board with no problems. You can go with Asus board. You will be missing on ALC 1220 audio and dual bios. If those are not something you are looking for, go with Asus board.

what are your VRM temps with overclocks ?

ssb1551

Technomancer
@ssb1551 I was trying to find the answer but couldn't. The AMD site has not mentioned supported speed on their website. However, on Gigabyte's site for supported mobo's, they have mentioned that after 2667MHz, speed may vary depending upon CPU. So I guess 2667MHz is the maximum possible speed on stock (without overclock).
Is your system up and running? If yes, you can check and let us know the speed. It is very easy to find via command box.

type "wmic memorychip get speed" in cmd. you'll get the actual MHz of all RAM sticks installed in the system.

screenshot of my official laptop:
View attachment 16847

Buddy I have finally assembled my Ryzen 5 1600X! I ran the command suggested by You. RAM frequency is 2133 MHz. Even BIOS shows the same. Then I updated the BIOS to the latest for the ASUS board - that is version 0805 for AGESA to 1.0.0.6a. Still the RAM runs at 2133 MHz. Should I have updated the previous versions of BIOS for memory compatibility ? There are 10 BIOS updates on the Motherboard page but I only did the latest.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Buddy I have finally assembled my Ryzen 5 1600X! I ran the command suggested by You. RAM frequency is 2133 MHz. Even BIOS shows the same. Then I updated the BIOS to the latest for the ASUS board - that is version 0805 for AGESA to 1.0.0.6a. Still the RAM runs at 2133 MHz. Should I have updated the previous versions of BIOS for memory compatibility ? There are 10 BIOS updates on the Motherboard page but I only did the latest.
Enable XMP and manually input the ram frequency, timings.

OP
D

Digital Fragger

A Functioning God
Enable XMP and manually input the ram frequency, timings.
I think you meant disable XMP and manually input the settings?

@ssb1551, Even my RAM runs at 2133Mhz be default. I have to manually change the frequency and timings. After updating to AGESA 1.0.0.6 supported bios on gigabyte board, I was able to push to stable 2933Mhz manually. Enabling XMP puts my RAM at 3200Mhz rated speed and system doesn't POST. Increasing RAM voltage and then increasing the RAM frequency to 3200Mhz along with setting rated timings or enabling XMP after increasing RAM voltage works for me.

Top Bottom