creative SBS560 5.1 sound issue!

Status
Not open for further replies.

romeo_8693

"The RaCaLaNGeL"©
I recently bought the above mentioned speakers but when i connect it to my on board sound ports the rear ones give very low sound but if i swap the rear with the front ones they work normal so i guess my rear sound port is at fault.am i right??
Secondly if im right then should i go for a 5.1 sound card?if yes which one and how much it would cost?

bump...

anyone????please ans....

Last edited:

dhanusaud

Ambassador of Buzz
Mate,

No need to buy snd card as well. . . . . .bcz ur snd card is working fantastic.

Make sure dat audio jack is plugged on properly to green port of ur system's main board.

Anyway wht is ur mainboard's config?

OP
romeo_8693

romeo_8693

"The RaCaLaNGeL"©
i did make sure that the pin is jacked properly in the sound port.but no avail.the sound of those rear speakers at times vanishes after reboot.my mobo is VIA 845 RZ.intel celeron 1.7ghz.(i know i live in stone age :))

dhanusaud

Ambassador of Buzz
i did make sure that the pin is jacked properly in the sound port.but no avail.the sound of those rear speakers at times vanishes after reboot.my mobo is VIA 845 RZ.intel celeron 1.7ghz.(i know i live in stone age :))

hehehe....u sud hv gud sound card then....
confirm some stores if they have AuzenTech - Prelude X-Fi or get cards from creative labs as well..:)

kooki

Broken In
i had the same prob with creative m4500. but my mobo has a realtek allc88 sound device, the realtek driver and control panel had settings to increase the rear speaker volumes and now it works great

allmighty

Broken In
5.1 upmixing is suppose to work like that ...all speakers dont have the same level of sound .....rear speakers are just there to give depth to the sound... and they r not low ....they are playing just some part of the sound wavelength.......so ur soundcard is fine ...

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
Try some games life 2[if u have at least an FX card]. It has fot fantastic effects for surround.
BTW, the onboard sound of 845 is bit too outdated nd below avg performance. U can get a 5.1 sound card from cheap brands like Intex, Enter etc for less than 500/-. They ll get the job done with mostly C-Media 8738 chip. U can also get Creative SB 5.1 card for 1.1k which is recommended.

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
A dedicated sound card will have its own sound processor chip, which relieves the processor from doing the sound processing. Also with more rooms for proper ckts, the chip can performs better than on onboard.
The sound quality [ny speaker] will improve marginally but i can just say it might be only better if u go for cards like Intex or Enter.
If u want decent improvement, get atleast a Creative 5.1 sound card for 1k or 5.1 Live 24bit for 500 more. No need of getting a better card than these for an SBS 5.1 set.

but dedicated sound card is still not a definite nessassary item. I can get better audio quality on my P4 with onboard audio but using PulseAudio software, when compared to some cheap dedicated solutions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom