create multi-boot cd ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ponmayilal

Attitude matters
I am afraid Magic ISO is not a freeware. By using bootable CD wizard 2.01a *www.wolfgang-brinkmann.de/bcdw/index_e.html one can create multiboot CD. I have used it to create a multiboot CD which can boot Partition Magic 8, BART PE for WinXPPro(my desktop), WinMCE (my MC PC), Win 98 boot disc,and Emergency Boot CD.While the process is well explained in the above site and the task not impossible, the learning curve is steep and requires a lot of perseverance and googleing to get your act right.If you ask me to give a step by step procedure well the answer is a no no for I cannot. If I have to do it again, well, I have to relearn it all over again.So try it if you are adventurous, have the time, and an aptitude to dig relentlessly.:smile:

OP
Jags

Jags

Journeyman
from where can I download iso boot files for 98/2000/xp ??
I googled a lil bit..but only found sites which were offereing tools to create bootble floppy..

Ponmayilal

Attitude matters
Check this site if you want to extract the bootloader from original Windows XP CD. *www.helpwithwindows.com/WindowsXP/winxp-sp2-bootcd.html

Second thing, the bootable CD wizard I had mentioned has its own bootloader.You can create images of bootable floppies and put them under the folder images and choose to boot from any of these bootable images by incorporating appropriate commands in the bcdw.ini file in the multiboot project.A template is given in the wizard.The sample from my multiboot rescue CD is given below.

[MenuItems]
C:\ ; Boot from drive C:
\BART\setupldr.bin ; BART Rescue CD
\Images\PQMAGIC.ima ; Partition Magic 8.0
\Images\EBD.ima ; Emergency Boot Disk
:powerOff ; Power Off

The last two are the bootable floppy images of Partition Magic 8 (two floppies) and Emergency Boot disk (one floppy)floppy. The message I want to drive is that in case you have bootable floppies simply making the images and putting them in the images folder and incorporating appropriate commands in the ini file you can create a multiboot disk.
n your case I think it is going to be simpler if you do not want to incorporate the BART PE CD. In my case the complexity arose in creating a BART Rescue CD by including the SATA Raid drivers in order to recognise my Raid configured Hard disks in both my systems and the Nvidia Raid drivers required quite a bit of renaming which I had to research and find out.Further the Partition Magic creates a two floppies from which to boot and I had to combine them together and create an image.These two tasks took the hell out of me.

In any case decide first whether you want to go the Magic ISO way or the bootwizard way.Choice is yours. Good luck.

Last edited:
OP
Jags

Jags

Journeyman
thanx for quick reply :)
but il go with magicISO... I also found a site which gives iso boot-files to download :D

thanx for ur reply :)
but il go4 magicISO..not in a mood 2 test my brain cells rite nw ;)
but still looking for sites from where I can download iso boot files ??

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom