Crazy things in Microsoft

Status
Not open for further replies.

punk

Beyond the call of duty
Hi all
Try these things;)

MAGIC #1

An Indian discovered that nobody can create a FOLDER anywhere on the computer which can be named as "CON". This is something pretty cool...and unbelievable... At Microsoft the whole Team, couldn't answer why this happened!
TRY IT NOW ,IT WILL NOT CREATE " CON " FOLDER :confused:

MAGIC #2
For those of you using Windows, do the following:

1.) Open an empty notepad file
2.) Type "Bush hid the facts" (without the quotes)
3.) Save it as whatever you want.
4.) Close it, and re-open it.

is it just a really weird bug? :eek:

MAGIC #3
microsoft crazy facts

This is something pretty cool and neat...and unbelievable... At Microsoft the whole Team, including Bill Gates, couldn't answer why this happened!

It was discovered by a Brazilian. Try it out yourself...

Open Microsoft Word and type

=rand (200, 99)

And then press ENTER

then see the magic............................... ;)

sachin_kothari

Ambassador of Buzz
well, the first problem is no more now.
u cannot create it normally because it is a system device.
try creating folder named CON1, u wont be able because again that's a system device

but, u can create a CON folder as follows
Go on command prompt
Type
md \\.\c:\con

The folder would be created

Anindya

In the zone
in my case it didnt happen though i tried from windows itself and not from dos. The 3 magics r awesome.

sivarap

In the zone
punk said:
Hi all

MAGIC #3
microsoft crazy facts

This is something pretty cool and neat...and unbelievable... At Microsoft the whole Team, including Bill Gates, couldn't answer why this happened!

What kinda reasoning is that? like Gates writes all the codes by himself...... Wierd........ :) ....

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
Hackattack said:
Didn't knew the 3rd one.
It was a pivotal point in Chetan Bhagat's One Night @ The Call Centre. He even credited Microsoft for that bug/easter egg. :p

What happens if try the second one though?

Hackattack

Multicore Mutant
@arayush The 2nd one is probably a bug. Works with some other words also.
I found character in the order 4 letters, 3 letters, 3 letters and 5 letters give same results like "aaaa aaa aaa aaaaa".

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
I knew the first one.Btw u can create folder as said above.
I will try the remaining two.

iamtheone

Journeyman
the first one was even asked by a reader in digit's reader's questions collumn.
and the third one(as arayush already told) was in chetan bhagat's one night@call centre.one more interesting thing about that sentence"the quick brown fox jumps over the crazy dog" is that it contains all the letters of english language.

AshishSharma

Livin' in the ghetto
punk said:
Hi all
MAGIC #1

An Indian discovered that nobody can create a FOLDER anywhere on the computer which can be named as "CON". This is something pretty cool...and unbelievable... At Microsoft the whole Team, couldn't answer why this happened!
TRY IT NOW ,IT WILL NOT CREATE " CON " FOLDER :confused:

Already Explained why :cool:

punk said:
MAGIC #2
For those of you using Windows, do the following:

1.) Open an empty notepad file
2.) Type "Bush hid the facts" (without the quotes)
3.) Save it as whatever you want.
4.) Close it, and re-open it.

is it just a really weird bug? :eek:

As discovered long back any string with letter pattern like 4 3 3 5 Eg "AAAA AAA AAA AAAAA" should give the same result. I am on Vista so it wouldn't work for me now but may be you guys can try similar strings and let us know the result. Eg : Macs are for fools

punk said:
MAGIC #3
microsoft crazy facts

It was discovered by a Brazilian. Try it out yourself...

Open Microsoft Word and type

=rand (200, 99)
And then press ENTER
then see the magic............................... ;)

This one is older than the word old itself nyways the interesting thing is that it puts different lines in different languages.

These aren't bugs but things intentionally put in by the programmers and I am damn sure no users discovered them but the programmers shared them out unofficially off-course.

shantanu

Technomancer
the 3rd one was answered about 4 years back.. it a macro enabling code , which was produced by a automated script in windows.. and its nothing like magic.. i

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom