Cpu upgradation

nirmalkumar

Right off the assembly line
I want to upgrade my CPU. I would like to retain my mouse, keyboard,speakers and monitor.
My pc was 8 yrs old. I'm planning to buy intel i3 processor. Shall i go for it or buy anything else? Plz suggest me the rest and a cheap graphics card . My budget is below 25k.

mavihs

Techie By Heart
Can you fill the below questionnaire so we can suggest you a good config!
1. What is the purpose of the computer? (Note: If you are planning to say multimedia, you will have to be more specific as all types of systems are capable of doing that)
A:
2. Are you open to alternate ideas/products giving similar better performance but offering more VFM/ sellers? If not- why?
A:
3. What is your MAX budget?
A:
4. Planning to overclock?
A:
5. Which OS are you planning to use?
A:
6. How much hard drive space is needed?
A:
7. What resolution will the screen run at & whats the size of the screen you want?
A:
8. How would you rate your hardware knowledge from the count of 1-10? (1 being the lowest, 5 being you are somewhat in sync with the current performers and 10 being the highest)
A:
9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
A:
10. When are you planning to buy the system?
A:
11. Are you one of the types looking out for "future proof" configurations?
A:
12. Are there going to be any components that you don't want to include in this new rig? If yes, do mention.
A:
13. Which city do you live in and are you open to buying from shops from other city/states?
A:
14. Mention any other points if deemed necessary
A:

adithestar

tHe gUy wHo kNeW toO mUcH
Core i3 ain't good enuf,, go for Athlon II X4 635 2.9GHz,, costs around 5k,, Sapphire HD5670 1GB GDDR5 around 6.5k ,, for more info see this link

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/hardware-q/96218-latest-prices.html

SlashDK

MV VIP to the MAX
Core i3 ain't good enuf,, go for Athlon II X4 635 2.9GHz,, costs around 5k,, Sapphire HD5670 1GB GDDR5 around 6.5k ,, for more info see this link

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/hardware-q/96218-latest-prices.html

of course not. if main usage is gaming i3 easily beats athlon ii x4. The place where it loses is multitasking

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
but from Price: Performance ration, Core i3 a very bad option. also Athlon II X4 means he can invest more in graphics card & other components.

Last edited:
Top Bottom