CPU & Motherboard Price List

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Processors rarely go bad. G41 is quite old so if you have to spend money on used parts then at least target 2nd/3rd gen core i series processor+mobo which should be available for around same price. Best option would be to just somehow manage with old system for a month without spending any money.

nac

Aspiring Novelist
Got it fixed at a local shop, they said they tried multiple times it didn't work so they tinkered another board's BIOS and flashed. Motherboard information I see now in the system is of a different board. I don't know what kinda issue this will bring in the future. They think it won't as it's just a next version of the same board. For now it's working. :Fingerx:

Is that the end? NO. Now have issue with VGA port, it's not working. Don't know when it started, after I flashed or during my attempts to fix the issue by plugging/unplugging and all or during transit to/fro repair shop or at repair shop? Don't know :? It started with one, now I got another issue to deal with. Even after repeated asking they aren't ready to given an estimate for this VGA port issue without checking the board (I found the issue after I came back home and connected my monitors. We checked only HDMI at repair shop), I am guessing it would be more. I am not in mood to pack the whole setup and carry it again, and not ready to spend more as I was already charged more than what I hoped they would charge for BIOS flashing. So I am thinking about buying DVI HDMI/VGA adapter and use (hope DVI is working, never used it before).

BTW, I am not complaining/blaming the repair shop. If I ever need help with system in the future, they are one I would go to.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Seems like this different board bios update messed something resulting in vga port disabling. It is better to use dvi/vga adapter rather than hdmi/vga adapter. Also, unless you are using a crt monitor or very old lcd monitor it should have a dvi port too.

quicky008

Technomancer
Dont waste money on repairs at your local hardware store-they will probably do more harm than good-in the process of fixing something,they will damage something else which in turn will require fixing again.

if on a tight budget,you can pickup a 3rd/4th gen i5/i3+mobo+8gb ram within 3-4k from various folks in the used peripherals market.Lots of people sell them off once they upgrade to a newer platform.Preferably go for those that offer a testing warranty of a few days/weeks from the date of purchase.

nac

Aspiring Novelist
Seems like this different board bios update messed something resulting in vga port disabling. It is better to use dvi/vga adapter rather than hdmi/vga adapter. Also, unless you are using a crt monitor or very old lcd monitor it should have a dvi port too.
VGA + HDMI + DVI are the ports I have in my motherboard. I have been using VGA and HDMI until now. Now that VGA is gone kaput, the only other option I have is DVI (as HDMI is alredy being used by one monitor).
The monitors I have don't have DVI port. One has HDMI + VGA and another one has HDMI + VGA + DP.

Need to connect DVI from board to HDMI or VGA port in mointor. I have both HDMI and VGA cable. So it's either DVI-VGA adapter or DVI-HDMI adapter.

Now I can't think of adding another monitor. One of the reason I picked this board was it's triple monitor ready, now it's gone. :(
Dont waste money on repairs at your local hardware store-they will probably do more harm than good-in the process of fixing something,they will damage something else which in turn will require fixing again.

if on a tight budget,you can pickup a 3rd/4th gen i5/i3+mobo+8gb ram within 3-4k from various folks in the used peripherals market.Lots of people sell them off once they upgrade to a newer platform.Preferably go for those that offer a testing warranty of a few days/weeks from the date of purchase.
Yeah, when we try to fix one, another gets introduced. Since I can't be sure who is responisble, I don't wanna blame them. But I gotta pay for the new issue as well :(

I don't know I am bit hesitant to go for used. I tend to go for sub standard new product than good used product. I guess something wrong with me. :crazy:That i3th 4th+8GB RAM+MB for 4k looks nice.

nac

Aspiring Novelist
At one point I was thinking of getting these and get it fixed myself with online help.

www.techtonics.in/spi-bios-flash-non-dismantling-test-program-clip-sop8-24c-93c-25lf?cmp_id=12341965887&adg_id=119063791898&kwd=&device=c&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI7_zT8dHL_gIVLoZLBR3HdQLSEAQYByABEgJO8vD_BwE

robu.in/product/ch341a-24-25-series-eeprom-flash-bios-usb-programmer-with-software-driver/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI1Zy4udHL_gIVzZJmAh2D5ABfEAYYAiABEgI3DfD_BwE

I couldn't see a thing, so using flashlight and taking photos and blowing up the picture I could start seeing the letters but most of the pictures come out blurry because of not enough light inside the cabinet. After lot of photos of many chips on the board finally found the BIOS chip.

nac

Aspiring Novelist
I have GT710, with this I can connect VGA. I can either connect both the monitors in GT710 or one in dGPU and one in iGPU. I have come across this before, since I wasn't keen I never bothered to check. I can use both dGPU and iGPU at the same time. I am not sure if I can connect more than 3 monitors at the same time. 3 from iGPU (now it's 2 as VGA port has gone kaput now) and 3 from dGPU.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
I have GT710, with this I can connect VGA. I can either connect both the monitors in GT710 or one in dGPU and one in iGPU. I have come across this before, since I wasn't keen I never bothered to check. I can use both dGPU and iGPU at the same time. I am not sure if I can connect more than 3 monitors at the same time. 3 from iGPU (now it's 2 as VGA port has gone kaput now) and 3 from dGPU.
It also depends on graphics drivers used by dedicated card as well as integrated graphics.

Reactions: nac
Top Bottom