CPU & Motherboard Price List

nac

Aspiring Novelist
There should be an option for resizing.
Forum automatically resizes to fit the screen of the user. If we're using flickr, we can pick the resolution we want. But in this case, if we want to post a smaller res. picture, we have to choose smaller image from online. Something like this...

*cdn.videocardz.com/1/2017/07/AMD-Ryzen-3-1-1000x344.jpg
*cdn.videocardz.com/1/2017/07/AMD-Ryzen-3-July-27-1-1000x216.jpg

quicky008

Technomancer
will ryzen 3 compete against intel's pentium/celeron lineup? how much is an entry level ryzen 3 cpu expected to cost?

Johnsonprabu

Broken In
Ryzen 3 will compete with Pentium series and i3 7100 only wont compete with i5s !
It has base clock of 3.2,3.5 ghz no 4/8 threads but only 4/4 threads no igpu and lower single core performance ! Price will be 8-9k no optane memory support nd intel other technologies ! So better to buy g4560 than ryzen 3 but for gpu builds would recommend ryzen 3 over i3 !

gta5

Ambassador of Buzz
will ryzen 3 compete against intel's pentium/celeron lineup? how much is an entry level ryzen 3 cpu expected to cost?

Nope .. Ryzen 3 will not compete with Pentium .. Ryzen 3 1200 is the cheapest 4 core/4thread .. 3.1ghz/3.4ghz and it will compete with i3 and expected at somewhere around Rs 8,500 ..

Ryzen 1300X 4c/4t 3.5ghz / 3.7ghz , somewhere around Rs 10,000

the processor that will compete with pentium lineup are internally known as Raven ridge .. these are APU's ( comes with IGPU )... Vega architecture based ... but they are expected to launch early next year jan-feb on desktop ..and will launch only for laptops this year..

they might be 2 core / 4 thread or a 3 core processor at somewhat around or slightly higher than pentium g4560 price if it's a 3 core..

Last edited:

Johnsonprabu

Broken In
Ryzen 5 1400 is already behind intel g4560 in single core performance and also at some games but only overtakes it in rendering thats all r5 1400 is rivaling only i3 7100 in gaming benchmark even though having 4c 8t 8mb cache it succumbs to i5 7400 in overall performance ! Ryzen 3 doesn't have multi threading only 4c4t so 50% in reduction & less cache !
Ryzen is just the first gen 14nm chip from amd but intel is the pioneer in 14nm with 3 generations of advancement so don't compare it ok ryzen 3 +gpu mandatory but intel is standalone . The real rival will be the 4c/6c coffee lake processor vs ryzen & ryzen apu ! Intel Pentium series are going to be the budget kings till this year end !

See benchmarks for ur ref
Ryzen 5 1400 vs g4560
Ryzen 5 1400 vs i5 7400

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Coffee Lake Approach

Second declension of Skylake (SKL) after Kaby Lake (KBL), Coffee Lake (CFL) is expected to arrive on the stalls within a few months. From a micro-architectural point of view, these "Core 8th generation" chips will remain almost identical to the SkyLake released in 2015. They will, however, be distinguished by the presence of 6 cores, a first for a CPU running on the mainstream platform LGA1151. Their launch will be a new attempt to counter the AMD Ryzen. If the technical aspect of the CFL does not really deserve long comment, the commercial positioning and segmentation of the range will tell long about the degree of concern of Intel. We were able to get some preliminary information on this, As the first final samples of Coffee Lake arrive. Keep in mind, however, that Intel's marketing is currently in a state of extreme nervousness and does not hesitate to change its names at the last minute (as with the Core X). Here is the information we have on samples of the moment.

At the top of the range, we first find the Core i7 8700K. It, therefore, has 6 cores running at a base frequency of 3.70 GHz. HyperThreading (SMT) is enabled, allowing it to handle 12 threads simultaneously. The chip incorporates an L3 cache of 12 MB and offers a TDP of 95W. This frequency seems extremely aggressive: the newest Core i7 7800X in LGA2066 does not exceed the 3.50 GHz base and for a TDP of 140W! A 6-core 3.70 GHz would allow this Core i7 to surpass in frequency the Ryzen 5 1600X (3.60 GHz) of a short head, which is probably not a coincidence. Intel is also planning a non-K version, the Core i7 8700, whose frequency drops very sharply (as on previous generations): 3.20 GHz base.

More interesting, the Core i5 8600K also has 6 cores, at a frequency barely lower than 3.60 GHz. It is also distinguished from the Core i7 by the absence of Hyperthreading and by an L3 cache limited to 9 Mo. Its TDP remains positioned at 95W. A complete declination of the range is expected, until the Core i5 8400. The frequency of the latter will be limited to 2.80 GHz but it will retain the 6 cores with a TDP not exceeding (theoretically) the 65W.

Of Coffee, Lake Mobile are also provided for laptops. At the top of the range, there are versions with 6 cores (a first in this segment) clocked at a much lower frequency. Intel currently validates samples at 2.00 GHz for a TDP of 45W. But the most interesting is probably on the Coffee Lake-U range. The test platforms currently running show a Quad-Core CPU at 2.00 GHz and 6 MB cache, with HyperThreading and a GT3e graphics chip (with eDRAM), all in a thermal envelope of 28W. A notable evolution since Intel had until then offered no CPU type "U" with more than two cores; It was necessary to turn to the "H" range to find the Quad-Core, with a TDP of 45W.

Source:Coffee Lake en approche • CPC Hardware

nac

Aspiring Novelist
^ Hope they announce some desktop chips too.

Too many announcements and launches this month.

Ryzen 3, Threadripper, Vega, rest of the i9's spec, AMD APU, now Coffeelake.

gta5

Ambassador of Buzz
2 cores 4 threads , i5 and i7 U series processors are now 4 cores 8 threads..

Desktop parts will launch later in fall.. .. was hoping for i7 8700k and i5 8600k to launch atleast..

Intel Launches 8th Generation CPUs, Starting with Kaby Lake Refresh for 15W Mobile

Last edited:

nac

Aspiring Novelist
So it's not Coffeelake then. And Intel called this "Amazing", while everyone was expecting coffeelake, they released Kaby lake refresh.

gta5

Ambassador of Buzz
i3 8100 - Rs 9,700
i5 8400 - Rs 14,500
cheapest z370 board - Rs 12,300

good processors but they will be interesting only after 3-4 months when cheap motherboards are available and that is when Amd will also launch Pinnacle ridge ( 12nm Zen ) and by april maybe Raven ridge on desktop( 14nm Zen APU ) as well ..

Last edited:

sohan_92

In the zone
i3 8100 - Rs 9,700
i5 8400 - Rs 14,500
cheapest z370 board - Rs 12,300

good processors but they will be interesting only after 3-4 months when cheap motherboards are available and that is when Amd will also launch Pinnacle ridge ( 12nm Zen ) and by april maybe Raven ridge on desktop( 14nm Zen APU ) as well ..
For current scenario or may be future, AMD build is better if you look at prices of CPU and supported motherboard unless you are planning for high-end i7 desktop build.

sohan_92

In the zone
Current cheapest motherboard price for z370 motherboard is 11.2K rupees and i5 8th gen CPU is 14.6k. Wow. I think I am going to contradict my own previous statement.

Just saw the price list on mdcomputers.

Last edited:

gta5

Ambassador of Buzz
1) Ryzen Desktop APUs launching on February 12 ..

Ryzen 3 2200g - 99$ = Rs 7500-8,000 approx 4C/4T 3.5 - 3.7ghz 8 Vega CU

Ryzen 5 2400g - 169 $ = 12,500 approx 4C/8T 3.6 - 3.9ghz 11 Vega CPU

CES 2018: AMD Ryzen Desktop CPU with Vega Graphics Coming Feb 12 | PC Perspective

AMD Ryzen 5 2400G and Ryzen 3 2200G APUs performance unveiled - VideoCardz.com

2) 2nd gen Ryzen CPUs launching in April

3) Price cuts on Current Ryzen CPUs

R5 1600 price reduced from 220$ to 190$ .. if implemented in india should be available to buy for around 14.5k ..

R7 1700 around 21.5- 22K

Last edited:
Top Bottom