CPU & Motherboard Price List

chimera201

Wise Old Owl
Buy Online | Intel G4560 Kaby Lake Dual Core 3.5 GHz Desktop Processor | Price in Indi

G4560 at Rs. 4629. Pretty good price. i3 is around 9K

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Buy Online | Intel G4560 Kaby Lake Dual Core 3.5 GHz Desktop Processor | Price in Indi

Very good price. Since I'll be shifting I'm thinking of selling my A8-3870K (1st gen APU) machine and build a G4560 system at home.

satinder

DELHIITE

Cost is affordable with Gigabyte motherboard.
Is it so that I will get Motherboards for this Processor after 5 years ?
Or is it one time investment for 3-5 years ?
i have to invest after 5 years in next generation procecssor ?
I have to shift to new Processor but nothing is in budget.

chimera201

Wise Old Owl
Cost is affordable with Gigabyte motherboard.
I have to shift to new Processor but nothing is in budget.

Didn't get what you are asking? You are worried about the motherboard failing after a few years and not able to find replacement for it in future? That happens with every Intel processor not just G4560. Just keep in mind not all boards will be able to support G4560 without the latest BIOS update. All B250 chipset boards will work though.

satinder

DELHIITE
Didn't get what you are asking? You are worried about the motherboard failing after a few years and not able to find replacement for it in future?
Yes.
This is the problem.
After 4-5 years, most processor's compatible boards are not available of good brands like Gigabyte/Intel etc.
Gigabyte GA-H110M-S2 LGA 1151 7th Gen F20 Updated BIOS Motherboard
However I am biased towards Gigabyte
Gigabyte GA-H110M-S2 LGA 1151 7th Gen F20 Updated BIOS Motherboard
Amazon.in: Buy Gigabyte GA-H110M-S2 LGA 1151 7th Gen F20 Updated BIOS Motherboard Online at Low Prices in India | Gigabyte Reviews & Ratings
but this board don't have HDMI port.
Anyother board at similar cost ?

I want a board that may can last more than 3-5 years.
Some people have 10 years of lifetime as seen in case of few friends.
Chinese boards last only for few years- mostly 1-2 years maximum.

chimera201

Wise Old Owl
I want a board that may can last more than 3-5 years.
Some people have 10 years of lifetime as seen in case of few friends.
Chinese boards last only for few years- mostly 1-2 years maximum.

Then you simply need to spend higher. The basic H110 boards won't last long since they use cheaper components and cut corners to bring the price down. Basically Z270 > H270 > B250 > H110. I recommend getting a B250 board at the very least (and you don't have to worry about whether the BIOS is updated or not). And you need a good enough PSU if you don't already have one that supplies stable voltages. If the PSU itself is bad then there isn't any point.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Wait for another 3-4 months then. AMD will release their Ryzen 3 APUs.

Basically both the CPU and the built-in GPU will be faster, cooler and power efficient than Intel. I'm saying this because 8 core Ryzen is extremely power efficient and cool vs. the 4 core Intel i7. Also, AMD won't change the motherboard socket for 4 years. Intel will just change it next year.

nac

Aspiring Novelist
Wait for another 3-4 months then. AMD will release their Ryzen 3 APUs..
Yeah, Ryzen 3 with no iGPU don't make any sense. Guess it will be competing with i3 but at higher price but with no iGPU, nah!!!

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yeah, Ryzen 3 with no iGPU don't make any sense. Guess it will be competing with i3 but at higher price but with no iGPU, nah!!!
yea, actually we have Bristol Ridge APUs (Bulldozer derivative Excavator CPU architecture) in the market for AM4 socket. They need to be replaced.

nac

Aspiring Novelist
7th Gen APU is not widely available. In fact, I don't know if it's available in India. I haven't come across any listing till date.

Yes, they will be replaced. But Ryzen 3 would be the one? Not sure as of this moment. AMD has lot of products waiting to be launched this year.
EPYC and Vega Frontier this month
Vega graphics next month
Ryzen 3 and Threadripper in Aug-Sep
Ryzen APU Mobile variant
Ryzen PRO desktop variant.

chimera201

Wise Old Owl
AMD CEO Talks Ryzen Threadripper and Ryzen 3 Series in Latest Company Video

*www.techpowerup.com/img/VmD6PNOAnrB2mXza.jpg
*www.techpowerup.com/img/Z3Ts8bnGxOQNeQRM.jpg

nac

Aspiring Novelist
AMD CEO Talks Ryzen Threadripper and Ryzen 3 Series in Latest Company Video
So all the three (Threadripper, Vega GPU, Ryzen 3) launching around the same time.

Wow!!! Again, nice pricing. One grand for top end model vs similarly priced deca core i9. Wonderful pricing :thumbs:

Top Bottom