cpu + mobo urgently

hell is here

Broken In
hiiii my brother want to upgrade his dual core rig. now for playing games he wants to upgrade(all the latest game like deadpool payday2 etc, upcoming games like bf4 etc )
recently he buy cx 600 v2 - smps
gtx 650 ti boost zotac
corsair vengence 4gb ddr3 ram 1600 mhz

his budget is rs 18000/-
he wants to buy mobo+cpu
i adviced to go for 3rd generation cpu(which is good for gaming) but he thought that 4th generation cpu (latest cpu will be good for gaming)
so please recommend him a good mobo and processor

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
Intel
i5 4430 - 12500
gigabyte ga-b85m-d3h - 6000
amd
fx 8350 - 12000
ecs a 970a deluxe- 5800
If your budget permits, then get this motherboard gigabyte ga 970a ud3 at around 6.7k instead of that ecs motherboard.

gautam21ghosh

Broken In
hiiii my brother want to upgrade his dual core rig. now for playing games he wants to upgrade(all the latest game like deadpool payday2 etc, upcoming games like bf4 etc )
recently he buy cx 600 v2 - smps
gtx 650 ti boost zotac
corsair vengence 4gb ddr3 ram 1600 mhz

his budget is rs 18000/-
he wants to buy mobo+cpu
i adviced to go for 3rd generation cpu(which is good for gaming) but he thought that 4th generation cpu (latest cpu will be good for gaming)
so please recommend him a good mobo and processor

If you re consider the price and you are ready to put some more bucks Then you can go for The latest Intel haswell Technology, This will increase your gaming performance, For this i will suggest You Biostar Hi-Fi Z87X 3D motherboard. CPU as suggested by rijinpk1

Otherwise go with the one rijinpk1 suggested...

gautam21ghosh

Broken In
Can 3rd generation cpu will fullfill his gaming demands like i5 3450, 3570, 3550 etc

3rd gen i5 enough for the gaming, nice performance

There is no much difference in price for 3rd and 4th gen, check the price and specs here

3rd gen i5 --> Intel 3.1 GHz LGA1155 Core i5 3450 Processor - Intel: Flipkart.com

4th gen i5 --> Intel Core i5-4430 Processor - Intel: Flipkart.com

my choice is go with 4th gen..

Last edited:

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
It will. But the upgrade path is closed. If you go with intel haswell or amd piledriver based config(suggested earlier ),you can upgrade to next generation of processors (broadwell for intel ,steamroller for amd) without changing the motherboard.otherwise you need to change both,which increases overall cost.

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
thanks for your suggestion i was telling him to go with 3rd generation but now i will definately make him buy 4th gen because of future upgrade as well as better performance.
From flipkart he will place order tomorrow.
try primeabgb, mdcomputers, itdepot, smcinternational etc. they offer far better prices than flipkart. choose wherever cheaper.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
@ OP - just get AMD FX-8320 @ 10.4k and Asus m5a97 Evo R2.0 @ 7.6k - now before shooting me with all sorts of things like per core performance / overall gaming performance please do concentrate on how badly HW overheats and read this from haswell discussion thread ;-)

*www.makeuseof.com/tag/two-ways-to-cool-down-your-defective-overheating-intel-cpu/

Cilus

laborare est orare
Topgear, I think you were talking about FX-8320. FX-8350 is priced 13.1k in delta.

However, FX-8350 @ 12.6k + Asus M5A97 EVO R2.0 is a better choice over Intel i5 4430.

Top Bottom