CPU Cooler Guide For Sandy / Ivy Bridge Cpus !!

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/cpu-mothe...m-pro-v-le-vengeance-212-evo.html#post1600092

just use 1 fan and that too facing rear and you shouldn't face any problem. later add 1 more fan if you feel the ram won't be blocked.

skeletor

Super Moderator
Staff member
But according to this thread, the CM hyper 212 evo would create a space crunch on Asus P8Z68-M Pro mobo with corsair vengeance RAM sticks.
Firstly, no one had said so in that thread. It won't actually as I had tried that by installing the bundled fan on right. I'm using CM Hyper 212 Evo, Corsair Vengeance and Asus P8Z68 Deluxe.

Simply install the fan on the left rather than right. Problem solved.

Pic below:

*i.imgur.com/6LJ27.jpg

saswat23

Human Spambot
My system is automatically shutting down itself. And when i turn it on, it displays the porblem is due to CPU Overheating.
So, do i need to get an additional cooler or will applying a fresh layer of thermal paste do the job? BTW after getting my mobo bck from RMA i had applied local thermal paste woth 50bucks. So is this causing the problem?

And is the Antec Kuhler Box AP cooler better or the CM Hyper TX3?

MegaMind

Human Spambot
BTW after getting my mobo bck from RMA i had applied local thermal paste woth 50bucks. So is this causing the problem?

This might be the prob. also they can be elec. conductive beware.. Is your cpu HSF free from dust accumulation?

No need to spend on a cooler, get a decent TIM like MX-2..

saswat23

Human Spambot
This might be the prob. also they can be elec. conductive beware.. Is your cpu HSF free from dust accumulation?

AFAIK my HSF is dust free. Will confirm it again tomorrow.
Actually here only CM thermal paste is available. Abacus Peripherals told me they have one and it costs Rs.570. They didn't mention the model though. I hope that will do.

Tenida

Gadget Freak
AFAIK my HSF is dust free. Will confirm it again tomorrow.
Actually here only CM thermal paste is available. Abacus Peripherals told me they have one and it costs Rs.570. They didn't mention the model though. I hope that will do.

Buy online :wink:

saswat23

Human Spambot
^^ I am not permited :(. I can order via Cash On Delivery only.
And AFAIK there isnt any site as of now, that sells Thermal Paste with COD option.

Wont the CM thermal paste be a good choice?

MegaMind

Human Spambot

It should be TF 400 as Tenida said...
Its a good paste, been using it for 3yrs..

saswat23

Human Spambot
BTW can you tell me which CM TIMs are good and which are not.
Price would a lot helpful.

You mean i would be paying Rs.570 for a 400 bucks paste.
BTW can you give me a list of all good CM TIMs with price. That will be very helpful.

Tenida

Gadget Freak
Well CM has 3 TIM AFAIK
Thermal Fusion 400- Rs 430/- * (Very good)
Ice Fusion-Rs 450/-* (no idea about performance)
HTK002-Rs 150/-* (Cr@p colgate paste is better than this :lol: )

*Kolkata price

saswat23

Human Spambot
AFAIK the Ice Fusion comes in a cylindrical box instead of a Syringe.
BTW how many time can i use a TIM. Do they have any expiry date??
The local TIM that i had bought had already expired from Nov 2010. When i asked the dealer about this he said that these TIMs dont have any expiry. I think that's why my CPU is heating up a lot.

Tenida

Gadget Freak
@Megamind -ARTIC SILVER 5 @Rs. 350 is good but i think but its also elec. conductive. So, some risk is there

saswat23

Human Spambot
So, which one is better. Ice Fusion or Thermal Fusion?
And do these TIMs have any expiry? Plz answer my prev. Ques. too.

Top Bottom