CPU buying help!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SunnyGamingHD2

Fortune favors the brave
Hello Digit i want to buy a Processor for my PC currently i am using E4400 2.0GHz(i want to replace it),Budget 5000-5500 system specs are attached.

Last edited:

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
my advice is keep the processor.core2duo series is outdated & even the current core i sandybridge series is ending.better save cash to buy entirely new generation of processor+mobo unless it is extremely urgent.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
if you can find a used Core2Quad Q8*** at 4-4.5k get it. else whitestar_999 has already said what needs to be done.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
You will necessarily have to buy a motherboard for that. Best for you would be save up cash now and buy the next gen Ivy Bridge processors.
By the way the i3 you mentioned is the old genaration processor which I would recommend you to avoid anyway.

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
Try to find some C2Q 8 series processors, which have 4 cores & will serve your very well for next 2-3 years provided that the motherboard which you are using is in good condition.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Op's mobo don't support Intel C2Q cpus - Op can go only for C2D e6x00 series at max so no question in buying a quad core cpu - So OP better save that cash to get a better cpu+moibo+ram combination ;-)

dibya_kol

In the zone
even the current core i sandybridge series is ending.

U r kidding right ? Don't confuse him !! Yes ivy bridge is comming but do u know when it will come in indian market ? And ivy bridge would be 10-20% faster than sandy bridge. And being a sandy bridge user i can say that is cpus r awesome and a good sandy bridge cpu can perform atleast 3years. For example : some c2q cpus r still good enough .

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
SB-E cpus are available on the market and if you want you can grab Asus SABERTOOTH X79 @ 23k and Core i7-3960X @ 62k or Core i7-3930K @ 36k ;-)

Don't drag this offtopic discussion too far ;-)

SB cpus will stay on the market as the price SB-E cpus are just too high right now - considering the price and overall performance current SB cpus specially 2500k still offers great value for the money.

@ sunny8872 - so what you decided ?? going for a new cpu or save for better at later ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom