Cowon Em1

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
Es18 has really bad build quality, the eartips and the wire quality are prone to damage... I cannot say about the quality of other earbuds but my im on my second set of ES18 within a year of usage :/

+1 to this
my ES18 cables were damaged and the left earpiece came out (so had to use fevi-quick to stick it back)
There is No doubt that Sound Quality of ES18 is awesome but Build Quality is super flop
currently I am using Sony MDR-XB30EX and the build quality is much much better

SO other than cheinnese piston, which IEM is better than EM1 in terms of sound quality and build quality as well as life?
you can try JBL Tempo T200A

nocturnull

Right off the assembly line
Same thing happened with me. Can you tell me if it was in warranty period when that happened, if yes , then did you get the company to repair it ? Explain the procedure too if possible.

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
So i have been using my ES18 for the past 2 years now, and its still like new.

I would say that the build quality is as expected from a Rs. 500 IEM. If you treat it the right way, it will last for a long time.

That being said, we Indians have a tendency to expect Rs5000 quality from a Rs 500 product. :/

chillz88

Broken In
I have em1. they're value for money. You need not use and equalizer to get good sound. It outputs the required amount of treble,mid and bass.

Since i like punchy bass(read: tight bass) i am using ViPER4Android in my lenovo a7000 with Dolby ATMOS off. it is really loud. at loud volumes there is no distortion or reduction in sound when bass note plays. but at such loud volumes there are some frequencies which are not comfortable to ears in the mid range9at very loud volume). ViPER4FX removes that for me in a stage called as "Auditory system Protecton" so no worries at loud volumes.

build quality much better than those cheapo looking skullcandy and sennheiser which are now being faked in ebay and can't distinguish the genuine. so eyes closed I went with cowon em1(yes, i read in TDF about its recommendation)

PS: this is not a bass reflex design. a closed design. the back of the earphone is not a vent but a cosmetic small mesh.
the bass is really really very good without distortion when boosted. I fee like flying in air when listening to this in bus. it will make you dance and sing.

my fried shouted for me from the bus standing nearby in college ground and i was listening to music, could hear him until he came and started to beat the window. nice sound isolation. not complete but you can hear others speaking slightly.

I use these following settings:
ViPER Bass: enabled
Bass mode: natural
bass freq: 50Hz
Bass boost: 17.0dB(max)

Auditory System Protection:
curetech+: enabled <--prevents ear damage by cutting uncomfortable freq(uncomfortable at loud volume, at 70% it is ok to switch it off). and it works.
binaural level: slight

have the red color. stands out from the crowd easily. previously i used Sony Ericsson Bass Reflex speakers that came with w395, w350,k750,k790,Xperia X10. yes, 5 earphones. EM1 is my first IEM.
Mind sharing your viper profile or screenshot of their settings with the cowon em1?:)

Top Bottom