Counter-Strike: Global Offensive announced

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
They'll be running with the flag and will not cap it...they'll have the Ubercharge ready but will not deploy it.

But I think it is going to cost for consoles. Even if CS:GO turns out to be F2P, it isn't going to be F2P for them, pretty sure about this.

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
That article is factually incorrect. We Steam users know Valve has a habit of publishing "unnecessary" small updates for their games everyday. That's the reason why it won't suit Xbox 360. One thing that article is doesn't mention about, CoD online games are fail on PS3 whereas not on Xbox 360. CoD Xbox 360 online community is much more competitive whereas the PS3 community is full of noobs online. That's a big fact. I can rather see CS:GO being a success on Xbox 360 because of lack of freebie noobs online. PS3 is a console for home theatre and off-line play whereas Xbox 360 is for online play.

Only time will tell:wink:.

Xbox 360 community also has noobs and i would call them "premium noobs".:lol:
Valve games are going to shine better on ps3 from now on imo. A total contradiction from what happened in the start of this generation.

We've seen that with portal 2 which supported cross-chat features between the ps3 and pc version.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
A total contradiction from what happened in the start of this generation.

We've seen that with portal 2 which supported cross-chat features between the ps3 and pc version.
Useful yes - you can catch up with your Steam mates, but certainly not a deal breaker. Microsoft doesn't allow such things on their console. Their own online chatting/social features in XBL are much better than the ones on PS3.

Note: You might have seen that Portal 2 supports cross-chat features between the PS3 and PC version but I don't know whether you have seen that PS3 still doesn't have cross-game chat whereas XBL does.

That article is factually incorrect. We Steam users know Valve has a habit of publishing "unnecessary" small updates for their games everyday. That's the reason why it won't suit Xbox 360. One thing that article is doesn't mention about, CoD online games are fail on PS3 whereas not on Xbox 360. CoD Xbox 360 online community is much more competitive whereas the PS3 community is full of noobs online. That's a big fact. I can rather see CS:GO being a success on Xbox 360 because of lack of freebie noobs online. PS3 is a console for home theatre and off-line play whereas Xbox 360 is for online play.
You a PS3 gamer ? :D

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
Note: You might have seen that Portal 2 supports cross-chat features between the PS3 and PC version but I don't know whether you have seen that PS3 still doesn't have cross-game chat whereas XBL does.

Yes it doesn't have it yet thanks to several copyrights imposed by m!crosoft.
But with the advent of steam on the ps3 , it highly possible in the very near future.

But i found this and this.

I must say that, personally, Cross Game Chat is not a feature that interests me. If I’m playing a single player game like Uncharted, frankly, I don’t care to talk to anybody else, seeing how I will be focused on that game with its rich plot and dialogue. And if I’m playing Killzone 3 or SOCOM 4, for instance, you can bet that I definitely don’t care what my friend has to say when he is playing Gran Turismo 5, seeing how I’ll be focused on talking with my teammates. How about you? Is Cross Game Chat really that important of a feature for you or is it something that’s been hyped up too much?

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Ok, then its obvious that you'll flame, hate, etc, etc, about whatever is say about PS3. Enjoy. :)
I only put things into perspective.

I must say that, personally, Cross Game Chat is not a feature that interests me. If I’m playing a single player game like Uncharted, frankly, I don’t care to talk to anybody else, seeing how I will be focused on that game with its rich plot and dialogue. And if I’m playing Killzone 3 or SOCOM 4, for instance, you can bet that I definitely don’t care what my friend has to say when he is playing Gran Turismo 5, seeing how I’ll be focused on talking with my teammates. How about you? Is Cross Game Chat really that important of a feature for you or is it something that’s been hyped up too much?
Now read your post of Portal 2 cross chat between PS3 and PC.

Don't troll mate. Moderators don't like it.

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
^^ No mate don't get me wrong. I put of cross-chat in my previous post to show how valve is supporting the ps3 now which they ignored in the past.

When you put up cross game chat, i just searched and found two articles based on that.
The quoted paragraph isn't my opinion but the guy who wrote the 2nd article.

Not trolling mate.:smile:

sygeek

Technomancer
This seems a little off to me. Why put an opinion about something you haven't even given a fair usage yet. Unless this is the case with either of you, please don't just share such opinions (unless you've a definite point to base this opinion on), other users are bound to get deviated.

I'm not saying if it's necessarily wrong/right or if I agree with it or not, but it just isn't fair. :)

doomgiver

Warframe
yeah, i never really figured out how to play fps with a controller, so im still surprised to learn that someone got a 15 kill-streak (maybe the opponents were handicapped like me :p )

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon
Sorry to Bump Such an old dead thread.
But any idea where i can get a Beta Of this game?

When is this going to release this is one game i might get this year(Or maybe gta 4 is the one :D ) only if it costs under 600 or steam sales

Last edited:

sygeek

Technomancer
Sorry to Bump Such an old dead thread.
But any idea where i can get a Beta Of this game?

When is this going to release this is one game i might get this year(Or maybe gta 4 is the one :D ) only if it costs under 600 or steam sales
Well, you need a key. I barely manage to get one for myself back when it started. You need to wait until it goes open beta now.

Top Bottom