Cost of my computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chirag

Cyborg Agent
[edit:techno]-title edited to make more worthwhile

Ok Yesterday my old pc's mobo went to sleep forever. :evil: Now I m gonna buy a new pc. The Dealer said 32k for the following config.(excluding monitor, speakers, k/b and mouse)

Config:-

Amd 3000+
A8N-VM+
512*2 Transcand Ram
160gb Hitachi Sata II HDD
Xfx geforce 6600gt 128mb
Atx Cabinate with 400 watts of power supply

Now is 3000+ good fot 6600gt? Or shld ii go for 3200+?

And cabinate and mobo. Is atx good company? and is mobo good or shld I change?

My Budget was 30k with 2-3k more will do.

vijay_7287

Cyborg Agent
ATX is not the name of the company, it is type of the cabinet which supports ATX sized mobo's

and i suggest goin for 500 watts of power

and coz u r addin the 6600gt,
i suggest goin for ASUS a8n-e rather than ASUS VM

abhijit_reddevil

Manchester United
@Chirag: I think the price is high dude. My calculations tell me it will be near 30k and not 32k for all the components you mentioned. I may be wrong but these are the prices I have considered.

Amd 3000+ Rs.5600
A8N-VM+ Rs.4500
512*2 Transcand Ram Rs.4200
160gb Hitachi Sata II HDD Rs.4300
Xfx geforce 6600gt 128mb Rs.9500
Atx Cabinate with 400 watts of power supply Rs.1500

Total Rs.29600

Someone please comment on the latest prices of these and correct him regarding the above list.

Chirag: I suggest you know the individual prices of the components and then take your decision.

Sourabh

Laptoping
If you are getting the 6600GT dont get the a8n-vm. Buy a8n-e. 3000+ is good enough. ATX is not the brand, its a form factor. Brand would most probably be some local ones. If you want some cheap solution get Iball cabinets with 400W SMPS. They come with 3 yrs of warranty too. Price confirm from www.deltapage.com

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
vijay_7287 said:
and i suggest goin for 500 watts of power
Any Specific reasons pal.Basically for a 6600GT a 350 Watts SMPS is enough.Considering my friend who owns a X800XT PE with 400Watts Power supply.Unless He is betting on a strong SLI Rig a 500Watts or higher Power will be recommended.Plus considering Good Companies like Antec and VIP they will rise the price bar to a whopping level.So a 400Watts will suffice for now.:D

Btw I have go with Sourabh with the Iball Cabinets as they are somewhat cheap and provide a decent quality.Check out their range of Cabinets out here *www.iballonline.com/product.asp?subcategory=Cabinets&productname=Grabit

OP
C

Chirag

Cyborg Agent
I asked 2 dealers abt the price. They both r saying the same.Xfx geforce 6600gt 128mb for around 8500-9000. But today i got my feb. mag and in that agent 001 git same gfx card for 7500.

So following rig is final for me
AMD 3000+
A8N-E+
512*2 Transcand Ram
160 GB Hitachi Sata-II HDD
VIP cabinate(still thinking on it)
Xfx geforce 6600gt 128mb

Now suggest me a good Altec Lansing 5.1 speakers. Budget around 5500-6000. There was a old thread here abt altec lansing 5.1 speakers reviewd by some member. Please give the link to that thread if anyone finds.

OP
C

Chirag

Cyborg Agent
Hey ppl. Tell me some good mdoel in Altec Lansing 5.1 speakers.Fast . Buying in some days.

Thnx

OP
C

Chirag

Cyborg Agent
Guys Guys Guys. I found it. I found the speakers. *www.behardware.com/articles/548-2/summing-up-the-latest-5-1-speaker-sets.html)

I m interested in buying them. Can anyone tell me their prices in Mumbai and Pune?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom