Cost of M2 memory chip

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sridhar_Rao

In the zone
I have sony ericsson z550i handset, can any one inform me the current market price of M2 (1GB) memory chip. Which are the other alternatives to Sony product? Which among them is best, reliable etc?

OP
Sridhar_Rao

Sridhar_Rao

In the zone
The price (~Rs.800 and Rs.1100) for 512 MB and 1 GB M2 memory chips that you have mentioned are of which brand/company? Are they Sony products or some other?

OP
Sridhar_Rao

Sridhar_Rao

In the zone
It is not just Sony, even Sandisk too makes M2 memory sticks, please visit their website to check it out *www.sandisk.com/Corporate/Default.aspx?CatID=1356
In fact sony & sandisk jointly developed this format, check it out at this link *www.sony.net/SonyInfo/News/Press/200509/05-0930E/index.html
Krazyfrog mentions that 1GB costs Rs.1200. I found the same entry at Techtree.com, see this *www.techtree.com/techtree/jsp/model.jsp?model_id=53983 however, the yahoo India puts the price at Rs.2090, check it at *yahooshopping.ebay.in/viItem?ItemId=190123761572
Finally, I visited the exclusive sony dealer and he quoted the price of Rs.2200/- I don't understand what is going on?

Sandisk has relased M2 of upto 4GB. 1GB costs $55, approximately Rs.2200.

Last edited:

FatBeing

Administratus Rotundus
Sridhar_Rao said:
It is not just Sony, even Sandisk too makes M2 memory sticks, please visit their website to check it out *www.sandisk.com/Corporate/Default.aspx?CatID=1356
In fact sony & sandisk jointly developed this format, check it out at this link *www.sony.net/SonyInfo/News/Press/200509/05-0930E/index.html
Krazyfrog mentions that 1GB costs Rs.1200. I found the same entry at Techtree.com, see this *www.techtree.com/techtree/jsp/model.jsp?model_id=53983 however, the yahoo India puts the price at Rs.2090, check it at *yahooshopping.ebay.in/viItem?ItemId=190123761572
Finally, I visited the exclusive sony dealer and he quoted the price of Rs.2200/- I don't understand what is going on?

Sandisk has relased M2 of upto 4GB. 1GB costs $55, approximately Rs.2200.
The prices you see are MRPs. I got a Sandisk 2 GB for Rs 1800, and I'm told that the price for 1 GB is around Rs 13-1400. If you're in a metro, just scout around and you should get yours for a good price.

Quiz_Master

* Teh Flirt King *
^^ Wow. A rare reply by our dear administrator.

My friend bought a 2 GB Sandisk M2 chip in 2500 rupees a month ago, from mumbai. I don't know the exact place but I think he bought it from Lemington.(Not sure though.)

OP
Sridhar_Rao

Sridhar_Rao

In the zone
1 GB sony at Rs.1400, 2GB sandisk at Rs.1800, mouth watering, where can I get them guys? I live in a small town in Karnataka.

OP
Sridhar_Rao

Sridhar_Rao

In the zone
Hi I bought 2 GB Sandisk M2 chip for only Rs.1400/- with no warranty whatsoever. 1 GB costs Rs.1000/-. The sony 1 GB chip costs Rs.2600/- only but comes with 5 years warranty. The price was tempting, so I bought Sandisk M2 2 GB chip at SJP Road in Bangalore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom