corsair vs450 watt smps

sukesh1090

Adam young
there was a review of vs450 from Chinese website.someone gave me the link when we were discussing about this psu when it was launched.i accidentally saw this in primeabgb daily deals.so try google for reviews.
@op,
i say spend a bit more and go for vx430 v2.it is more praised and reviewed than vs450.

doomgiver

Warframe
^ not much better.

better voltage regulation, better caps used, nothing outstanding. you can go for either, depending on needs/budget

sukesh1090

Adam young
^^
better voltage regulation,better caps makes it much better in case of a PSU. isn't it??
its better to opt cx430 v2 over vs450 at any time of the day.so op spend a 300-400Rs more and get cx430 v2.

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
can you please focus a bit on cx430 v2..i'm willing to buy it.

It have 28Amp in 12V rail, and there by can provide max 336Watt, which is ~80% of rated power (i.e. 430Watt).
It is way better than VS450.
And also remember than those VS models are made for Asia-pacific regions only. So we have almost no real reviews about them and we don't know how must current those rails can really provide.
All in all, If anybody is having very low budget or facing availability issue there is absolutely no reason of buying VS series.

Not correct.Even though in most of the new PSUs the total rated wattage can be delivered by the +12V rail mostly because most modern PSUs use

Here you are wrong.
If any PSU can really provide same watt as rated wattage under specific conditions imposed by 80+ , it would be classified as 80+ platinum.
80+ certifications are given to all PSUs depending on many conditions but this is one of the main condition.

Normal 80+ certified means 81% efficiency.
For example, CX430V2 can provide max 28Amp in its 12V rail and thereby providing only 336Watt of the rated 430Wattm which is ~80% of the rated power. Thus it have 80+ certification.

80+ Gold means 88% efficiency in full load.
For example, HX850 can provide max 70A through 12V. Thus theoretically it can provide max 840Watt out of rated 850Watt. But efficiency decreases with increase in temperature and load. So it can't provide the max rated amount of wattage and is certified as 80+ gold.

See the table here: *en.wikipedia.org/wiki/80_Plus
This explains the relationship between 80+ rating and efficiency.

vkl

Cyborg Agent
It have 28Amp in 12V rail, and there by can provide max 336Watt, which is ~80% of rated power (i.e. 430Watt).
It is way better than VS450.
And also remember than those VS models are made for Asia-pacific regions only. So we have almost no real reviews about them and we don't know how must current those rails can really provide.
All in all, If anybody is having very low budget or facing availability issue there is absolutely no reason of buying VS series.

Here you are wrong.
If any PSU can really provide same watt as rated wattage under specific conditions imposed by 80+ , it would be classified as 80+ platinum.
80+ certifications are given to all PSUs depending on many conditions but this is one of the main condition.

For example, CX430V2 can provide max 28Amp in its 12V rail and thereby providing only 336Watt of the rated 430Wattm which is ~80% of the rated power. Thus it have 80+ certification.

For example, HX850 can provide max 70A through 12V. Thus theoretically it can provide max 840Watt out of rated 850Watt. But efficiency decreases with increase in temperature and load. So it can't provide the max rated amount of wattage and is certified as 80+ gold.

See the table here: 80 Plus - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Read properly.You didn't get it.I have not mentioned anything wrong there.

What I was referring was many "modern PSUs" with the help of DC-DC converters generate minor rails like +5V,+3.3V and are capable of providing "most" of the total rated wattage by the +12V rail.
Examples: Ax760i,ax860i,ax1200i,Hx850 gold,seasonic Platinum-Fanless-520-W,Seasonic SS-350TGM,In Win Commander III 600W,Rosewill-SilentNight-500-W and many more.All of these PSU units can deliver upto most of the rated wattage through +12V.

I was not referring to efficiency anywhere neither did I categorize anything under efficiency.I don't know what you find wrong in it.
What I was correcting was total wattage calculation of a PSU.Check the first image posted by me.
It clearly shows Kingwin PF-850 which delivers 100Watts less(rated max on +12V) on +12V than rated max output of the PSU. I don't think there is any confusion.

See the table here: 80 Plus - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Completely wrong calculation of efficiency of a PSU under load.

Efficiency of a PSU at any point of time = (Total DC power supplied to the load)/(Total AC power pulled from Mains supply)

Do get your concepts cleared about these things rather than creating new concepts/definitions.

As far as efficiency certification is concerned it is not verified at a single load.It is tested at various load-levels with adequate level of power-factor requirement for certifications
under specific temperatures.

doomgiver

Warframe
i didnt know the efficiencies of psu's were calc'd using the 12v rails, lol.

dude, if this was the case, every 80+ bronze certified psu out there would fail miserably.

sukesh1090

Adam young
@d6bmg,
buddy as vkl told efficiency is not calculated based on the maximum wattage it can deliver through 12v rail.it is based on the amount of current it draws from the main power supply in order to give so and so power to the comp.

Top Bottom