Corsair says: Better Core i7 Coolers Really Do Improve Performance

Status
Not open for further replies.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
The email points out that
The average load temperature of a Core i7-920 processor cooled by the Intel HSF (heatsink and fan) was 11°C higher when utilizing 2,000-MHz C8 Dominator GT memory compared to 1,333-MHz DDR3 memory. The same PC cooled using the Corsair H50 CPU Cooler maintained average CPU core temperatures up to 24°C lower than the stock Intel HSF, and was able to stably cool an overclocked CPU while also maintaining a 2,000-MHz DDR3 memory frequency.

Extremetech article says:

While hunched over a motherboard and wrestling with those silly little tabs on a CPU cooler the other day, PCMag Senior Editor Matthew Murray asked a question: To what extent do different coolers affect system performance? My knee-jerk reaction was to scoff. How much of a role could that hunk of metal play in speed? Sure, a computer might be able to run a bit cooler and therefore be more receptive to overclocking, but I wouldn't say that the cooler is impacting performance—running the CPU faster is doing that.

Read on

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
The cooler plays a big role in performance front.

The fact is simple - you will not be able to run your cpu faster ie oced to a decent extent without a good cooler & many reviews proves that better cooling leads to higher OCing. Higher Ocing means better performance.

So the cooler does play a great role in impacting system performance :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom