Corsair RAM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ch@0s

In the zone
If you want DDR2 667, get transcend... it overclocks better and is cheaper to boot. I think in 7k you'll get transcend ddr2 800.

OP
A

amigoatul

Broken In
Thanks for the info guys.Very impressive system specs Ch@os. Way to go.

The problem is the dealers in Hyd say they dont have Transcend DDR2 RAM faster than 533MHz.One of them has Corsair DDR2 667.Will there be a significant performance boost b/w DDR2 533/667/ 800mhz RAM?

Also wud u recommend a 200GB Hitachi Sata2 hdd over a Seagate...

Last edited:

Aniruddh

Ambassador of Buzz
Ofcourse there will b,u will hardly find 800Mhz ram in india at this point of time and eva if u succeed to find then it will b damn expensive betta get urself a 667Mhz ram corsair,if u not gettin transcend.Cheers

Ch@0s

In the zone
amigoatul said:
Thanks for the info guys.Very impressive system specs Ch@os. Way to go.

The problem is the dealers in Hyd say they dont have Transcend DDR2 RAM faster than 533MHz.One of them has Corsair DDR2 667.Will there be a significant performance boost b/w DDR2 533/667/ 800mhz RAM?

Also wud u recommend a 200GB Hitachi Sata2 hdd over a Seagate...

The difference between 533 and 667 is that 667 will let you run at 4:5 ratio at stock and allow some overclocking headroom. With 533, you'll have to run the RAM at 1:1. While the differences are mostly minor, in cpu limited cases, the extra bandwidth does help. From my own observations, I've noticed that other than Super PI benches, everything seems to perform better at 1000 4-4-4 than 800 3-3-3. The same should hold good at lower clocks as well. What board are you planning to get and are you gonna overclock?

The other option is to import ram... Thats what I did to get my cellshocks. If you can pay via paypal, you can try www.memory-configurator.com. Its a site based in ireland that ships to india via DHL and have amazing service. I got my memory in hand withing 36hrs of payment :D. All you need to do is ask them to mark your consignment at 50 euro or something for customs purposes and you won't even be charged duty ;).

sysfilez

Welcome To The Jungle
i got a price of 12,000/- for corsair low latency dual channel 1gb ram. 7k is a good price for corsair.

Ch@0s

In the zone
monkey said:
check out www.yantraonline.in
U will find entire range of Corsair RAMs available in India.

They all get their stock from tirupati enterprises. If you want corsair, just contact them directly... its the best price u'll get locally for corsair heh. I still wouldn't buy them though.... horribly overpriced.

royal

Padawan
Ch@0s said:
The other option is to import ram... Thats what I did to get my cellshocks. If you can pay via paypal, you can try www.memory-configurator.com. Its a site based in ireland that ships to india via DHL and have amazing service. I got my memory in hand withing 36hrs of payment :D. All you need to do is ask them to mark your consignment at 50 euro or something for customs purposes and you won't even be charged duty ;).

Buddy, can you suggest any site that ships Graphics card to India (at international rates) ???

Ch@0s

In the zone
vinyas said:
@Ch@0s ... Where Did u get ur E6600 From ? .... even Now Prices i get is 15.5+ ...

Bangalore computers... sp road.

None that I'm aware of unfortunately.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom