[Query] Corsair RAM policy questions (Kolkata)

Hello. I'm a little new when it comes to dealing with defective hardware. My Corsair 4GB RAM went bad and memtest confirms with 30,000 errors just during the first 40% of the first pass. I have a few questions on the warranty:
- It seems I have I to go to a service center in Robert Road from what I read on another forum.
- Is bad DDR RAM usually repaired or replaced?
- If replaced, will it be replaced with a brand new RAM stick or some refurbished thing? (my ram was less than one year old I hope they replace it new).
- The value of the model has doubled in price and is currently 2200 Rs (I asked at a shop.) But, regardless, they replace it with the same model, right? I do not want a substandard replacement for something I payed good money for.)
- What is the usual time it takes for them to replace the RAM?
- If not on the same day, will they provide a temporary replacement stick (like motherboard vendors do in America) to use while it is being replaced?
- I need my computer for work-purposes and I cannot afford to have a non-working computer for more than a day. Since they made a guarantee of working hardware, they should provide such arrangements if necessary, right? Or will they just replace it the same day?

Thanks! And please answer if you know.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Here's the address of the SC :

Kaizen Infoserve Pvt. Ltd.
14, Princep St. Room No. 2, 3rd Floor. (Opp. Hotel Embassy). Kolkata - 700 072 033- 3249 8234

> most probably yu will get a replacement.
> you will get same capacity and speed ram module.
> No idea about time frame and I don't think they will provide you an alternative module for temporary use.
> Contact the service cnter to find out or e-mail corsair beforehand if you need quick RMA.

Top Bottom