Corsair or Antec

blackpearl

The Devil
I have zeroed in on two PSUs

Corsair 500w - Rs3K Builder Series? CX500 V2 ? 80 PLUS® Certified Power Supply - Builder Series - Power Supply Units
Antec 450w - Rs2.5K Antec.com - Product: VP450

Currently I'm using a 450watt Foxin PSU on my modest PC

i3 2100
4 GB RAM
2 Hard disk + 1 SSD (soon)
1 DVD drive
Nvidia GT 210 gfx card

I don't game and don't intend to upgrade to a better gfx card, unless the current one fizzles out.

My current 450 watt cheap PSU seems at ease with the load, so I believe the Antec 450 should be able to work well on my PC. The reviews are good too.

So should I go for the Antec PSU or shell out some extra bucks for the Corsair?

sukesh1090

Adam young
^^
both are good.no need to compare as you won't see any difference in real world but you will get very good after sale service with corsair.

dibya_kol

In the zone
personaly i like corsair, but antec is also good brand. But if u can spend extra money, go for atleast 550/600wt psu.

OP
blackpearl

blackpearl

The Devil
Well, I just checked on POwer Supply Calculator eXtreme Outer Vision - eXtreme tools for computer enthusiasts, anything above 450 watt will be an overkill.

My current system was drawing barely 180watt of power. It recommended me a 230w PSU :D

On 430watt I could upgrade to i7, one more memory stick and a better graphics card and still have more than 100watts to spare.

IMO, Corsair 430watt is sufficient.

I won't be making the purchase until a few days, so any more suggestions are welcome.

Souro_Ray

In the zone
If you have no intention to upgrade to power hungry processors or graphics cards, and if you dont want to overclock ever, the 430W or 500W are both good choices. 500W is a safety sweet spot, so to speak. In case you want to upgrade, you'll have some headroom.

The CX430 V2 is still ample for your needs and more! Remember, having some amount of headroom never hurts :)

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
^^ 430W cost ~2.4k. but a 400W FSP PSU will be enough but the FSP PSU cost 2k. but by adding just 0.4k more you are getting a better item with more warranty and better service.

dibya_kol

In the zone
That sounds like you are kind of disappointed that I chose Corsair 430 :(

You suggest going for 550/600w. But I really don't need so much power. Why waste money?

It's nt wasting money, adding some extra money, u can easily get 550/600wt psu. And a psu is nt like gpu or cpu, u can use it for long time (for ex: corsair comes with 5years of worrenty !!) u can use it on diffrent rig too.
When u will update or build another rig after 2-3 years, u might pull off ur hair for such a little headroom with a 430wt.
But if u have limited budget, go for it.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ Corsair CX _don't_ come with 5 years warranty. :p

Coming to the point, Antec VP450 is a good power supply if you buy it at something around Rs. 1800-2000. It lacks PFC but still performs solid. It is built by FSP.

I'll suggest Corsair CX430v2 only because Corsair has established and better support in India.

Top Bottom