Corsair, G.Skill or Kingston - which brand 8GB RAM to buy

theaccused

Right off the assembly line
Hello, I am going to purchase two 8GB RAM modules.

I am confused between Corsair, G.Skill and Kingston.

The RAM I have shortlisted is:
G.Skill NT DDR3 8 GB (1 x 8 GB) PC RAM (F3-10600CL9S-8GBNT)
Price Rs. 5550/-

But I don't see much praise for G.Skill. I really like the Corsair Vengeance RAM but it's not a recommended one for my mobo.

It's MSI-880GM-E35 (MS-7641)

I have heard that 1600mhz RAM has no problem in running on 1333mhz compatible RAM as all RAM's are backwards compatible. Should I risk it?

Moreover I also read up that unless I am overclocking then I don't really need 1600mhz.

Anywayz real question is I need some advice on brand/model of RAM and if possible link to the product and whether to buy 1333mhz or 1600mhz.

This is a very important purchase for me so please give your advice as I am lost.

Thanks

Cilus

laborare est orare
G-skill RipjawX Rams are in the same price bracket with the Corsair Vengeance and they offer better overclocking potential. Buy which one is cheaper and get the 1600 MHz only. And instead of single 8GB Ram, you can also go for 4GB X 2 configuration.

Here is one suggestion for you: 8GB X 1:
Corsair Vengeance DDR3 8 GB (1 x 8 GB) PC RAM (CMZ8GX3M1A1600C10)
and
4GB X 2: Corsair Vengeance®

tkin

Back to school!!
I own both Corsair(Desktop) as well as GSkill(Laptop), both works good and without any issues, you can get any one following the prices and compatibility.

Corsair is a bit more popular among all three and has the better customer support.

OP
T

theaccused

Right off the assembly line
Thanks for your reply guys.

I am indeed going to buy multiple 8GB RAM.
[MENTION=68896]Cilus[/MENTION] - I am not sure I am going to overclock. Just need it for ps and ai use. Also you mentioned to buy 1600mhz, so say if I buy Corsair Vengeance will it run fine seeing my motherboard? Also which G.skill ripjaws model would you recommend if you had to?
[MENTION=52329]tkin[/MENTION] - do you think I can buy Corsair Vengeance to run with my motherboard?

Thanks for your reply guys.

I am indeed going to buy multiple 8GB RAM.
@Cilus - I am not sure I am going to overclock. Just need it for ps and ai use. Also you mentioned to buy 1600mhz, so say if I buy Corsair Vengeance will it run fine seeing my motherboard? Also which G.skill ripjaws model would you recommend if you had to?
@tkin - do you think I can buy Corsair Vengeance to run with my motherboard?

> As you don't plan to overclock the RAM, both Vengeance and RipjawsX will be well suited. Get what is the cheaper out of these. Also look for Kingston HyperX Blu. They are great performers and are generally available at lower price than both Vengeance and RipajwsX.

> Your motherboard does support 1600 MHz ram adn there is negligible price difference between 1333 MHz and 1600 MHz. So 1600 MHz makes more sense.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
I am in favour of Corsair and/or G.Skill. But no Kingston.
After Kingston refused to RMA one of my RAM sticks (bought just months ago) I refuse to buy any Kingston RAM. :|

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
^^ Did you ask why was the RMA refused??

Of course. They said some metal contacts have been burned up. They showed me. Funny thing is I didn't notice it before that. What happened in few moments when the RAM passed in two hands of two guys within seconds is beyond me.

Even if it genuinely got burned, I don't see the reason. Since I have assembled my rig taking only good components explicitly to avoid such things and that too recently. (My Rig: *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/cpu-mothe...ell-processor-i5-4570-around-7k-my-needs.html)

Cilus

laborare est orare
Of course. They said some metal contacts have been burned up. They showed me. Funny thing is I didn't notice it before that. What happened in few moments when the RAM passed in two hands of two guys within seconds is beyond me.

Even if it genuinely got burned, I don't see the reason. Since I have assembled my rig taking only good components explicitly to avoid such things and that too recently. (My Rig: *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/cpu-mothe...ell-processor-i5-4570-around-7k-my-needs.html)
Well, you did not noticed it does not mean that it didn't happen and physically damaged components are not covered in warranty for all manufacturers.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Well, you did not noticed it does not mean that it didn't happen and physically damaged components are not covered in warranty for all manufacturers.

And since it got burned up, due to no apparent fault.. since all my PC components are quality, and recently purchased, I won't recommend Kingston RAM to anyone. Period. :(

gagan_kumar

Wise Old Owl
i bought ripjaws instead of vengeance cause of lower height of the rams.........and also the badass looks of the ripjaws............

Arjun609

The Don's Decision.
Corsair Or Ripjaws No Kingston

Go For Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR3 1866 MHZ(But 1600 MHZ Is Enough For A Gamer)

*img.clubic.com/05215944-photo-corsair-dominator-platinum.jpg

Attachments

• 510keQrElzL.jpg
    510keQrElzL.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 183
Last edited:

zoneofSAM

Broken In
How is Corsair XMS 4gb DDR3 comparing to Hyperx Blu??

smcinternational.in/Computer%20Hardware/Memory%20RAM/Desktop/Corsair%20DDR3%204%20GB%20(1%20x%204%20GB)%20PC%20RAM%20(CMX4GX3M1A1600C11)

tkin

Back to school!!
I have several Kingston products Corrupted and it is not a big company as Corsair or G.Skill
I have no issue with the corrupt products(never had any issue with either kingston/corsair/gskill products, but beware though, the market is flooded with duplicate kingston products, specially pen drives, I'd seen even some large shops selling them), but as far size/revenue goes, kingston is 15 time bigger than Corsair, Gskill doesn't count :wink:

Top Bottom