core 2 quad & gaming issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 26636

is it true that core 2 quad processor is not suitable for gaming?i've heard the core 2 duo is better suited for gaming performance.is there any difference? has anyone ever faced any problems running the latest games on a core 2 quad? i have an 8600gt 256mb gfx card, a core 2 quad q9300 2.5ghz & 3gb 800mhz ram...will i be able to play crysis warhead on it cause my friend says core 2 quad processor may cause problems.

mrintech

Technomancer
better install the game and test yourself

regarding difference: *tech-baby.co.cc/difference-between-intel-pentium-d-vs-intel-core-2-duo-vs-intel-dual-core

This might help you a bit;)

Also refer to this: *forums.techarena.in/video-games/1035543.htm

OP
D

Deleted member 26636

i played CRYSIS on an AMD Athlon 6400 3.0 ghz processor..the other specs remaining the same...the game ran fine on medium settings...but when i play CRYSIS Warhead on a q9300 processor & change the graphics settings under advanced tab to gamer mode(it has four modes: minimum, mainstream, gamer & enthusiast.)the game responds very slow & hangs.it runs fine on mainstream mode.i've heard warhead has low system requirements than the previous CRYSIS then why is this happening? also when i run the game..it doesn't start at once..it takes about 5 minutes to start..sometimes my system restarts & sometimes i have to end the process through task manager..after about three retries it finally starts..this didn't happen with CRYSIS on the AMD Athlon processor..What exactly is the problem?:(

comp@ddict

EXIT: DATA Junkyard
i played CRYSIS on an AMD Athlon 6400 3.0 ghz processor..the other specs remaining the same...the game ran fine on medium settings...but when i play CRYSIS Warhead on a q9300 processor & change the graphics settings under advanced tab to gamer mode(it has four modes: minimum, mainstream, gamer & enthusiast.)the game responds very slow & hangs.it runs fine on mainstream mode.i've heard warhead has low system requirements than the previous CRYSIS then why is this happening? also when i run the game..it doesn't start at once..it takes about 5 minutes to start..sometimes my system restarts & sometimes i have to end the process through task manager..after about three retries it finally starts..this didn't happen with CRYSIS on the AMD Athlon processor..What exactly is the problem?:(

In ur case problem is somewhere else..
Plz post ur config tht we can assist you further

skippednote

M3TAL H3AD M3
is it true that core 2 quad processor is not suitable for gaming?i've heard the core 2 duo is better suited for gaming performance.is there any difference? has anyone ever faced any problems running the latest games on a core 2 quad? i have an 8600gt 256mb gfx card, a core 2 quad q9300 2.5ghz & 3gb 800mhz ram...will i be able to play crysis warhead on it cause my friend says core 2 quad processor may cause problems.

The Quad Core processors are meant for Multi Tasking jobs and under perform the C2D processors in Gaming.

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
In ur case problem is somewhere else..
Plz post ur config tht we can assist you further

His config is mentioned.

Q9300
3GB RAM
8600GT 256MB GDDR3

C2Q are now being accepted as a gaming platform almost everywhere. But still C2Ds get a edge up on C2Q coz gaming depends on Clock Speeds and higher frequencies rather than more cores/bigger caches.

Last edited:

comp@ddict

EXIT: DATA Junkyard
I'm really sorry for not reading the config..was indulged in multi-tasking lolz..

Well ,itz true todays games cannot take full advantage of 3 or 4 cores, therefore 2 faster cores beat 4 slower cores black and blue in games(there r exceptions).
but in future, tht'll change when games begin adopting 2 all 4 cores

OP
D

Deleted member 26636

so if i set affinity for the game to 2 cores( by right clicking on crysis.exe under processes in task manager & then shutting down two cores)..will the game run fine?

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
^try it.

but i think the problem is not with the hardware.

btw, what PSU you have? & does this happen when you play other games?

most probably your "source" of game might be a culprit. if you have Crysis game, install & try, if it runs fine, then you know the culprit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom