copying .swf

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well Vishal I did that before but this was not able to copy whole flash file
When i opened it on my computer it just displayed me loading on the links

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
Seems that the file required net connection!
Then I think there is no other method :(
coz by any method u'll download the flash, it'll ask for the net connection whenever it'll run.

Vishal if I am downloading the file then I think all stuff that is in it sholud be downloaded (all stuff means text and pics) ..........

DukeNukem

Come get Some
DUKE's HOME MADE SIMPLE REMEDIES

when you surf web pages with swf files. first these (swf) files are placed in your computer's temp internet files folder.

use opera or something then open the cache folder of its.
open the web page with swf. copy the swf from opera's cache folder.
simple

or make a batch file which says

@copy "c:\program files\opera\<>\cache\*.swf" d:\akash\my_swf\

and fire it from time to time

Kratos

Broken In
The main reason of this problem is. Flash Movie itself can embed other movies or just link. You can put instruction in Flash file to load another movie from url after reaching certain frame or after some user interaction.

These files would not be downloaded to your cache as it is internally handled by the movie.

If you really need the file then you might require to reverse engineer the flash file to see what links and movie it refer to. Sothink SWF Decompiler is one such product to convert .swf to .fla.

whizkrive

Broken In
aakash_mishra said:
how can we copy .swf files from websites.........

take the web page were ur needed swf file is located, come to ur SEARCH
there click search the internet,add this in ur search bar " *.swf " then u see ur needed file in server just copy paste it, hope it works, I ve read it sm were else.

krive.

DukeNukem said:
use opera or something then open the cache folder of its.
open the web page with swf. copy the swf from opera's cache folder.
simple

@Duke

Well Duke that was the first thing I did I used even HTTrack, a website copier but that to didn't solved my prob..........

Well thanks for that batch file info...........

@Kratos

It seems you understood my prob. I used a web copier for copying even those link but that also failed..........

Ramakrishnan

The Researcher
If you are using mozilla firefox, open the page containing SWF file. Then click tools>page info>media There you will find your file and save it to hard disk. For internet explorer, a. Click Tools - Internet Options
b. In the General Tab, click the Settings button available in the Temporary Internet Files group.
c. Click View Files to open your Temporary Internet Files folder. Depending upon your IE settings, the Temp. folder can contain tens of thousands of files.
d. Click View - Details. Now click View - Arrange Icons By - Internet Address. Depending upon the webpage, there could one or more Flash files (Shockwave Flash Object) under the Inernet Address.
e. Once you find the right flash file, right-click and choose Copy. Then paste the swf file in any other directory. Be sure to
keep the page and IE open to avoid purging of the cache file.

For newbies, I suggest the following approaches:
1. Get a download accelerator like Flashget and tell it to automatically download the shockwave extention (*.swf)
2. Or download a free IE plug-in for saving flash files.

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
What I said is, if the flash file requires Net connection to run, then there will be no benefit in d/l ing it thru any method!

I hv checked it once, when I d/l ed a game flash file. But it didnt run coz it required net connection.

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
Vishal said:
I hv checked it once, when I d/l ed a game flash file. But it didnt run coz it required net connection

Here is a very good example what vishal was talking about... Flash application... which u can download or copy from Temp files folder... but without an active Connection it will not work... :(

like a desktop score card from NDTV....
Download

: SPiRiT :

Broken In
Keep the internet Explorer window open.. Select Internet options. Settings in the Temporary Internet Files Field. select view files... jus sort the type bar and u find different files.. scoll down to find flash or .swf file and copy them and THEN paste to any folder...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom