Copying mails from thunderbird to server

Status
Not open for further replies.

hittheswitch

Self-Obsession
Hi,

Most of my friends use thunderbird as their e-mail client. So i thought i will give it a try and started using it for 3 of my inboxes. The problem is that i don't like it that much. Now i would like to go back to the basics (checking e-mail using my browser). However the mails were deleted from the server as i selected the option of not leaving a copy on the server. Is there any way that i can get my e-mails back on the server and start back with the normal life.

Thank in Advance

ThinkFree

Technomancer
^^Haven't been in a situation like that,so haven't tried myself but it's possible.

See if *email.about.com/od/gmailtips/qt/et122605.htm helps

choudang

Padawan
suppose i am using thunderbird for last 1 year and configured to not leave the msg inbox, it will move all mails into your client (pop). so is there any option to copy mails to mail inbox, i don't know and never tried.

if i am using imap, it is possible, while creating imap setting, lables are created as [Gmail]/Inbox etc. so you can move your client mails into mail server. but this is only for gmail. (as your link is showing same). but if you have deleted those lables, then it might not possible to reverse the mails with gmail also.

ps: my mistake to mention imap directly in my prev post, mentioning labels would be appropiate.

victor_rambo

हॉर्न ओके प्लीज़
Hi,

Most of my friends use thunderbird as their e-mail client. So i thought i will give it a try and started using it for 3 of my inboxes. The problem is that i don't like it that much. Now i would like to go back to the basics (checking e-mail using my browser). However the mails were deleted from the server as i selected the option of not leaving a copy on the server. Is there any way that i can get my e-mails back on the server and start back with the normal life.

Thank in Advance
Hi HitTheSwitch,
you can try forwarding all those messages to your inboxes. You may not get the exact headers but you will surely get all the content of the email

OP
hittheswitch

hittheswitch

Self-Obsession
Thanks for the replies...
I have been reading and it is possible to get the mails back if you are using IMAP but the problem is i access g-mail using pop. I have 2 gmail accounts and both are being accessed by pop. I do have a hotmail account and that too by pop. Any ideas ??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom