Cooling Solution

Ayuclack

*qwich.in
I have A Core i5 2500 K Processor working good...Recently I brought Cooler Master Hyper 212 + For It and I Was Not Satisfied With So I Started Using it With My Core 2 Quad....Now I Need A New CPU Cooler Max Budget 3.5k which would Cool The i5 .....and I Also need Fans For My Case Thinking to Get Standard 120MM Cooler master Fans as I Need 4 Unit...Also Give A Thermal Compound that should be used with The Cooler.

Tech_Wiz

Wise Old Owl
Weird...CM Hyper 212+ is a Nice CPU Cooler and is sufficient for a 2500k for decent Overclocks. What issue you are facing with it?

Tenida

Gadget Freak
I have A Core i5 2500 K Processor working good...Recently I brought Cooler Master Hyper 212 + For It and I Was Not Satisfied With So I Started Using it With My Core 2 Quad....Now I Need A New CPU Cooler Max Budget 3.5k which would Cool The i5 .....and I Also need Fans For My Case Thinking to Get Standard 120MM Cooler master Fans as I Need 4 Unit...Also Give A Thermal Compound that should be used with The Cooler.

Use CM Hyper 212+ with 2X Cm xtraflow fans (push-pull configuration)

OP
Ayuclack

Ayuclack

*qwich.in
The main reason of changing is that I Started using 212 with Core 2 Quad ...Just need A New One...Cant I Get Hyper n620

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
N620 is EOLed. ZALMAN CNPS9900MAX is pretty good. Go for it. Otherwise, Noctua is the best.

PS: Corsair A70 is another good option.

Last edited:

tkin

Back to school!!
N620 is EOLed. ZALMAN CNPS9900MAX is pretty good. Go for it. Otherwise, Noctua is the best.

PS: Corsair A70 is another good option.
Zalman's Fan can't be changed, that might come to bite us if the fan ever fails.

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
In that case, Corsair A70 is a pretty good option. Or if OP can live with "just" a solitary fan, then A50 is also OK.

rajnusker

Sage of the Six Paths
If you OC 2500K >4.2-4.5GHz, then 212+ is useless otherwise its good.

What are you talking about? SB Chips overclocks like crazy. Anand Lal Shimpi overclocked at 4.4Ghz with stock cooler. Hyper 212+ is much better than Intel HSF. Even Rakesh reached higher with that stock cooler.

Top Bottom