Cooler Master's Monstrous V10 CPU Cooler

Status
Not open for further replies.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Building on the reputation of the Cooler Master V8, the new V10 with hybrid Thermal Electric Cooler, or also known as peltier cooling, brings even more thermal dissipating power to your Intel Core i7 LGA1366 PC.

Cooler Master brings the V10 to their V-Series cooler line with some very impressive features, most notably the hybrid TEC. Thermal Electric Cooling (TEC or also known as peltier cooling) uses the 'thermoelectric effect' which makes use of an electrical current to draw heat from the hot side of the cooler surface to the cool side very effectively. The Thermal Electric Cooling feature is not actually the primary means of CPU cooling on the Cooler Master V10, rather it is the supplementary cooler that kicks in when heat becomes too extreme for the standard cooling fans to handle. This in turn keeps power consumption to a minimum as thermoelectric cooling is known for high voltage and amperage draw.

The primary cooling of the V10 is implemented through a total of ten heat pipes and a large array of cooling fins which are cooled off via two 120mm Pulse Width Modulation (PWM) fans. The two 120mm PWM fans have an effective RPM range of 800 - 2400 RPM and move up to 90 CFM total.

The V10 has one major advantage over conventional thermoelectric cooling devices and that is no condensation effect. Condensation is avoided by the V10 since the TEC cooler is not running constantly, and because of its offset location not being directly placed below the heatsink fins. Rather, heatpipes are used to transfer tolerable heat ranges from the CPU through the heat pipes to the sink fins where the two 120mm PWM fans can do their job. When the heat becomes too extreme the TEC then kicks in. The V10 not only cools your CPU but also your memory due to its design which places the cooling system above your memory slots where air is drawn across and pushed out the back of your case. TEC cooling is not applied to your memory since that would be a rather difficult installation.

Be aware that the sheer size of the V10 will require a case with adequate room. Users with the Antec 900 have expressed concern that it is a tight fit for them. The V10 is compatible with Socket 939 / AM2 / AM2+ / LGA775 / LGA 1366 and comes with brackets to support most installations.

*media.bestofmicro.com/,H-4-180760-3.jpg

*media.bestofmicro.com/,H-3-180759-3.jpg

Source : *www.tomshardware.com/news/ssd-jmicron-jmf602,7057.html

D

Deleted member 26636

that "THING" looks straight out of a Sci-Fi movie.

OP
topgear

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
It's $ 139 - I think it's the best possible ( air cooler ) HSF for cpu - Go grab it :p

freshseasons

King of my own Castle
I really dont know what to call this. It looks ,gigantic and pure poetry in power.
However with this thing on my CPU how do i squeeze the place for CRossFire GPU.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom