Cooler Master Elite 430/431 Discussion Thread

OP
topgear

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ even I wonder the same - why they can't just attach a LED fan with every PSU which have bottom mounted fan - it looks so cooool :cool:

thanks guys. :)

@TP
here you go -

BTW TP i think you should write names of people on front page who have 430 wth links to their pic posts. what say?

looks nice - blue is always a favorite color of mine ;-)

that would be very nice - will do it - stay tuned ;-)

vizkid2005

In the zone
Don`t wanna double post ... Plz check out my mods for 430 elite on this

@ jas : Dude The cables of GS600 are pretty stiff !!! I had a hard time bending them to fit my 2 HDDs ....

Check out on the hyperlink above ....

OP
topgear

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ he has AMD Athlonn II X4 635 ;-)

here's his whole system config :
AMD Athlon II x4 635 @ 3.2GHz
Gigabyte GA-880GM-UD2H
G.SKILL F3-10600CL9S-2GBNT
WD Caviar Green 500GB
Dell ST2220L
Hp DVD1260i
Cooler Master Elite 430
FSP Saga II 400W - now changed to corsair GS600 - the bling bling PSU ;-)

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
Don`t wanna double post ... Plz check out my mods for 430 elite on this

@ jas : Dude The cables of GS600 are pretty stiff !!! I had a hard time bending them to fit my 2 HDDs ....

Check out on the hyperlink above ....

exactly. cables are too stiff.

^^ he has AMD Athlonn II X4 635 ;-)

here's his whole system config :
AMD Athlon II x4 635 @ 3.2GHz
Gigabyte GA-880GM-UD2H
G.SKILL F3-10600CL9S-2GBNT
WD Caviar Green 500GB
Dell ST2220L
Hp DVD1260i
Cooler Master Elite 430
FSP Saga II 400W - now changed to corsair GS600 - the bling bling PSU ;-)

thanks for that TP.
didnt see this thread in past.

gpu installed pics will be here soon :-D:-D

that would be very nice - will do it - stay tuned ;-)

you forgot something ;-)

OP
topgear

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
waiting for the pics with the GTX 560 Ti HAWK ;-)

Will add those names - thanks for the reminder ;-)

phil2097

Broken In
This is the airflow setup I employed on my NZXT Gamma (OT, I know, but it's relevant in the fan config aspect). Red is coded for exhaust and blue for intake fans.

*i.imgur.com/oRuTh.png

Since my house has a massive dust problem due to the illegal dynamite/gelatin based quarrying taking place a few metres away (we experience door rattling, crockery shattering tremors every few hours), I decided to retrofit the cabinet with improvised air filters. I bought the cheapest black cloth for the intake fans; the kind that's apparently used by prostitutes for blouses, since it's nigh transparent. This material is thin yet finely woven, so it does obstruct airflow to some degree, but I have no other choice since the dust over here is highly atomised by the explosives. This obstruction should pose little problems due to the intake role of the fans.

I used a loosely woven netting cloth for the rear exhaust fan, as it has to expel most of the heat built up in the chassis. The top exhaust fan again is filtered by the prostitute blouse material, which although restricts airflow, but is crucial to prevent dust from settling inside the components. The front intake sucks in air mostly from the bottom through the mesh filter. Side intake fan blows air onto the graphics card through the prostitute filter. The top intake fan blows air over the RAM modules and also feeds the Hyper 212+ push pull fans with cold air. The Corsair CX400 is thermally isolated from the chassis with its downward intake through an NZXT supplied filter and passive exhaust from the rear vents placed at a 90 degree angle.

Any inputs on this would be appreciated. I tried a fair bit of arrangements to finally settle on this one. Where it have increased, the idle temperatures haven't changed more than a degree or two at the worst despite the rather aggressive prostitute filters. Try and share your airflow set-up, because this is one aspect where improvement costs nothing but makes a lot of difference.
personally i always feel that the exhaust is the main concern, its better to go 3 outlets and 2 intake config

vishalg

AMD Fanboy
^^
i did felt bad when i couldnt get a trans panel model but then never liked the shape in which the tran. panel on the 430 is cut + you get an extra 120mm fan

i will be trying to add a trans. window of my liking

anandharaja

In the zone
^^
me also like transparent window. due to availability in my locality i go for that. i already paid advance in 14-07-2011 for my rig, due to this CM Case and CM PSU getting delay.

OP
topgear

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^
i did felt bad when i couldnt get a trans panel model but then never liked the shape in which the tran. panel on the 430 is cut + you get an extra 120mm fan

i will be trying to add a trans. window of my liking

So you are going to mod it - that sounds really awesome - looking forward to it ;-)

vishalg

AMD Fanboy
So you are going to mod it - that sounds really awesome - looking forward to it ;-)

yup

but it requires patience which i have in limited supply ;)

^^
me also like transparent window. due to availability in my locality i go for that. i already paid advance in 14-07-2011 for my rig, due to this CM Case and CM PSU getting delay.

nice, athough i would suggest against a cm psu as most members on this forum
anyways real power is better

do post the pics of your rig:smile:

Top Bottom