Converting .avi to .dat

Status
Not open for further replies.

sr123

Broken In
Hello,

I have some movie files that I need to transfer to cds as I do not have enough space on my HDD. It would be better if I convert them to VCDs so I can play them even on my DVD Player.

Can anyone suggest a s/w that can convert .avi files directly to .dat ??

Or should I persist with the lengthy process of writing VCDs with Nero ?? :confused:

Is there any other way that I can write a cd in any format to be able to run on my Sony DVD Player apart from VCDs in .dat format ? (I do not yet have a DVD writer, so unable to write to a DVD.)

Thanks. :)

ironcross77

Broken In
If you still want to convert compressed avi files to dat you can use nero vision.
When you make VCDs from avi files with nero it usually converts it to dat first. The time of conversion takes usually about 30 mins for a standard 2 hr movie(VCD quality) if your ram is less than 512 MB (on a 3Ghz Processor, with no ext. video card).

NucleusKore

TheSaint
ashfame said:
It doesnt convert avi files!!:evil:

Yes sorry I got confused, use Tmpeg freeware version.
*www.tmpgenc.net/
It does convert avi files to mpeg 1 and yes, use nero burning rom to make the vcd or else nero express (as stupid as it is) will recode the whole damn thing again

sharptooth

Broken In
Use CCE SP2, the fastest mpeg1&2 converter available . It will take around 10-15 min to convert a full length avi movie to vcd using CCE SP2.

ashnik

Ambassador of Buzz
downloaded cce sp2 from tor*** site and is working fine as weel as fast. just make sure to change the extension of output file in options to .dat.

OP
S

sr123

Broken In
Thanks for the help !

Can anyone suggest from where I can download the CCE SP2 s/w. Or if possible provide a direct download link. :eek:

Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.