[Contest] Challenge #6 = I am a Gamer because...

tamatarpakoda

Resident Villain
Staff member
Perhaps you were drawn in because of the cool graphics, perhaps you started gaming because you were bored or maybe it was your true calling.

Tell us what got you into this wonderful world of gaming and don't forget to attach an image of you playing Kung Fu Combat on your phone to qualify for this round of the contest.

Psst.... The prize pool just got jacked up to 1.1 lakhs! Post your replies now!

*i.imgur.com/Fl4qQfz.jpg

IMPORTANT: Attach the screenshot and mention your Gamer ID for the entry to be considered valid.

Start responding below. Of course, don’t forget to mention your Gamer ID with each post (or your responses won’t be considered valid).

How to get your Gamer ID? Click bit.ly/2bv6O52 and register. (Step by step instructions can be found here)

This isn't the only contest thread. Click here to find the other threads you can participate in and learn more about what's this activity's all about.

drag

Right off the assembly line
Gamer ID: 10447038

I'm a gamer because I was born to be more than a mere mortal. Sadly enough, real life presents you with little opportunity to be so, thus I'm a gamer because it allows me to go beyond :D

Screenshot_2016-09-04-12-15-23-582_com.game.kungfucombat.jpg

Allu Azad

Time Ruins Everything
Gamer Id : 10446273

I got hooked on to PC from childhood itself. Even though I had a potato pc before, I will spend hours sitting before it. When I grew up and got a capable pc, it was natural progression for me to play computer games. I love online multi-players too much that I often buy SP games and forget about it.

Screenshots - Imgur: The most awesome images on the Interne

praneetsah

Broken In
Gamer ID: 10409449

I play CS: GO, mostly for its in-game voice chat. Considering that, I would say I'm a gamer because people on the internet are nice. lol

At least, they show what they really are. Give a man a mask and he'll tell you the truth.

You can then choose *awesome* people and have them as your friends.

Socializing is ez on internet, specially when both of you are playing the same game. That's an instant-interest-match. :p

Pic here: *s9.postimg.org/9flc0f6lb/Screenshot_2016_09_13_09_02_29.jpg

Last edited:

postwar

Right off the assembly line
Gamer ID: 10446138

Why I'm a gamer: Because I love stories & what could be better than a medium where you could create the narrative than just consume it.

Screenshot_20160912-220900.jpg

saske9800

Broken In
I am a gamer cuz it was not an option, it was destiny

My gamer id: saske9800

Digit kung fu combat - YouTube
Imgur: The most awesome images on the Interne

MadScorp

Gaming is Life
I am gamer because that is my number one passion, interest and hobby :) Gaming is what lets me unwind after an entire day of work and stress. It allows me to relax and chill while also keeping my sanity in check! It can get very very addictive at times but with proper control which took ages to develop and keeping in mind my priorities I am able to fully enjoy my crazy game sessions taking me to unimaginable places where I am able to experience things that I could have only dreamed off. When I game I can believe I am that character in that amazing world and I am living that extraordinary life. This lets me completely escape reality and refresh myself as you know real life tends to be more crazy at times!

I usually tend to unwind in the evening but gaming is something that breaks all sorts of rules as you can at times see me gaming in the wee hours, midafternoon or late at night! I play regularly play with my brothers, my entire family, friends and girlfriend too and at times even with total strangers when I am on the move! No matter how bad my day is, a quick gaming session helps me completely relax and stay happy and motivated :)

I believe gaming is an amazing way to entertain yourself and others! ( LAN parties )- A quick gaming session is therapeutic for almost everyone and that is another reason I love gaming ! Everyone can take part in it! I could play with little kids as well as with people who are much senior to me , not at all limited by physical limitations as when playing other sports .
I love being a gamer because video games can fulfill your wildest imaginations and fantasies of who you want to be or where you want to be as someone from a different race, country or culture and on any country, planet, galaxy or strange inter-dimensional space. There are almost no limits!

I started out pretty young playing those old flash games that were more of an advertisement or marketing gimmick than a game that took hours to download on a model and then moved on to classics like Super Mario, Road Rash, Prince of Persia , Sonic R and others on my ancient windows 98 desktop. Bu t even the hundreds of blue screens of death and spent batteries could not quench my thirst for gaming. With whatever was at my disposal I gamed whatever video games I could get my hands on listening to my friends , reading magazines such as Skoar and watching rare video game segments on TV for reviews and advice on games to look out. I even remember hunting down cafes with my brothers and friends in the old days just to play a session of Halo multiplayer :p

As soon as the internet started becoming more accessible I started watching youtube videos of review, highlights and other people gaming on twitch and other sites. To date one of my favorite things to do is to watch others game when I am not :)

Looking back, every single thing that I have done, who I am and where I am have all been because of my interaction with gaming and if not for it I would have been an almost entirely different person.
Just as you others talking about how sports have helped them develop, I know video games have made me grow and be a better person as whole even if not physically :p Trust me , I went from a raging kid to someone who understands and values the importance of team play in multiplayer games and even interact socially online.

I love that you also get to meet all sorts of people both good and bad from all over the world with no barriers and then share and revel in our passion for gaming!

Gaming is truly my love and my life :doublethumb:

I am really sorry I can't share a screenshot of the Kung Fu Combat game as it seems its not compatible with either my phone or tablet. I would have loved to try this out but I can't :(
kungfucombat.jpg

My Gamer ID is 10479688

sygeek

Technomancer
Gamer ID: 10415532

I'm a gamer because gaming is fun and a hobby of mine. I'm always looking for a good competition in multiplayer games.

*i.imgur.com/LL5UxE6.png

Last edited:

neeraj.juneja9

Gaming God "Chota wala"
My reply got deleted. I was editing it.
Apollo help..

- - - Updated - - -

Gamer id : 10450992

Been busy the whole week or this would've been the 1st answer here (I know no cookies for the first comment right?) Anyways here it is :

My father introduced me to gaming. It was when I was 3 years old (Now crossed a quarter century) and still gaming. I still have bits & pieces of how the game was, and remember that 1st game that I played was Road Fighter (on a Media Console - A reverred console that time). I got so expertise in playing that game so much so that I even mastered every hit and manage to escape safely. While others were busy escaping the other cars and winning, I was busy hitting all the cars and winning with #STYLE (a big feat. those days). It was that time I sensed that "Digital Gaming gonna stay here for a long loooong time with me".

Fast forward a decade and I was left with no console (Those days electronic equipment had life and 3 in my stable were already dead). I started going to game parlours. It was here that I developed a distinctive personality. Allow me to cite an analogy here "Smokers and Gamers has a wild resemblance". Why I say so? Because just like smokers have open accounts at the "Panwadis", so does the Gamers at Game Parlours. I myself had one at one of the game parlours here. But thats not why I was so distinguished, it was because gamers/players used to call me from home just to beat that "New Kids in Town" who has dominated a console game at the game parlours and isnt losing (Read: Tekken 3). I was the 2nd incident that I knew that Gaming is gonna stay here for a long time with me.

Now while I was busy playing Cadillac & Dinosaur (read:Mustapha) for its co-op 8 bit fun, my studies took a hit (yes overgaming does that). I used to bunk my tuition classes and extend tuition hours just to play that game. It eas good those days. But good days doesnt last long. Parents are Parents for a reason. The smell something fishy because I was never been so much studious. How come suddenly you became so studious?, they said one night. All was going fine until one day jealous neighbour cum tuition kid sent an anonymous letter to my house. I was at the parlour then. That noob kid was very specific with details. And I saw my father entering through the door. He stood aside me. Owner asked, is this your son? Father said Yes!. He said "Sir, ye khuda ka banda hai, Kya game khelta hai". Father was dicey for a moment but devised a cunning answer to which everybody at the place laughed (of course except me and you will know why). Father "Haanji wo sab to theek hai par aaj Khuda ka banda ghar jake pitega".

This was the time my father knew one thing : "Gaming gonna stay here with him for a long time"..
(After that incident and some school matks betting with father, I got introduced to a brand new PC (6th class & a new HCL Beanstalk PC, I must be in heaven).

And I also knew 3 things :
1. Gaming gonna stay here for a very long long looooong time now.
2. Few slaps from father was in the queue. (Read: Free complimentary red gifts from mother too)
3. That kid who tried to be anonymous is gonna get few red cheek gifts from me too.

And unluckily after PC there had been multiple PC/laptips used for gaming but never a console. That is all about the answer I guess. In short I am gamer because I am born gamer (read: sportsperson now )

Good Luck & Happy Gaming.

Gamer id : 10450992

EDIT : Answer was deleted just now. Luckily had a copy with me.

Top Bottom