contents of my office files were deleted !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Omsck

Broken In
please help everyone

when i transferred files from a laptop to desktop , the contents of word & excel files were lost; excel shows no data while word shows only boxes. what should i do? is there any way to recover the data? i formatted the laptop hard disk. the data was very important, please help

OP
O

Omsck

Broken In
yes in the laptop i had office xp; in desktop office 2003 but i installed office xp on the desktop but still the same problem

Ishan

In the zone
If u still have files in desktop..
Try this
1)Copy those two files two one of ur friend's PC having Office XP

Next time try saving ur doc files in rich text format (.rtf)

satyamy

Alive Again...
Omsck said:
please help everyone

when i transferred files from a laptop to desktop , the contents of word & excel files were lost; excel shows no data while word shows only boxes. what should i do? is there any way to recover the data? i formatted the laptop hard disk. the data was very important, please help
wht is the size of the files u have currently on ur PC if its 0 KB than ur data is lost but if its more than that than we can think of it.......:)

uttoransen

Broken In
looks like you have not installed the ms office package, if you want to recover you data from your formatted harddisk i can help as i am a professional, but it deponds upon you and your data as to how important your data is, as the price of recovery can be anywhere from one thousand to ten thousand rs, so think before you mail me,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom