Constant BSOD, Doing a clean Install of Windows 7 did not help. How do I identify the problem?

ram22693

That Elusive 7850 HD
So I have been having constant BSODs, freezes, unexpected errors and so on while using my system. Initially I thought something went wrong with the drivers I have installed (I had recently formatted C:/ and reinstalled windows since I do that every 6 months or so to keep the system fast) but it turns out it weren't the drivers as even a clean and fresh install of windows 7 kept bringing this issue back.

When I did try reinstalling with the bootdisk I have, I got a lot of Unexpected Error: with some 0x000 code that said couldn't copy files as the file seem corrupt. So I thought my Disc was gone and made a new bootdisk with the same Win 7 image file, when it happened again, I changed the img file and downloaded the offcial img file from microsoft, and it happened again so I figured it wasn't the software and that it was the hardware. I used Command prompt to take back up of my files on other non-windows partitions and I encountered a few errors while at that as well:

Akwy_HLtzO7JuHUqaLovob4M0DBAcxOW_UoevvhNF-VU.jpg

Since I was having a lot of issues copying my files this way to my external, I got myself a live CD of ubuntu and successfully backed my files up. Funny thing is, Ubuntu seems to be running fine and very stable on the same hardware and it is driving me crazy since I don't know anything about Ubuntu and had to see youtube videos to get to know the basics of it.

I am attaching a few more shots of my monitor down below for you guys to see and help me out with this. I have tried removing my graphics card and running the computer with the onboard graphics and the problem still exists. I am thinking it's either the RAM or the Internal Hard Disk. I haven't run Memtest yet. What should I do next?

AgTpeBa76WL0pD1jhmr0BBgUnzdpsNCtBYHt9-rYc67_.jpg
AitXYLJZoOWYcxZv6PzdNJYKPQdAP58UCRYrzXLVHqOI.jpg
Gets stuck here when trying to boot in Safe Mode.
Ajwd_PwqYrJvgThOREluYKBUg3Em-n_mTHV1y3WA08aS.jpg
RAM usage seems too much even when system Idle.
AtbGsd9WQhtCRzoQyRVUnViR-17yZWAOGxmm2A1hgQT4.jpg
And then this happened.

Nerevarine

Incarnate
This is interesting, Ill try searching and will report if I find anything regarding that specific error code.. In the meantime, go ahead and run the memtest, RAM is the cause of most crashes 99% of the time..
You can also try, COMPLETELY wiping windows 7 and reinstalling from a new source (or Windows 8/8.1, contact me if you are interested)..
Also, I think these errors could be due to multiple problems, screen glitch crashes rarely occur due to simple driver problems..
Since a day has passed without any replies, I am tagging some people, who have experience regarding these things .. [MENTION=126812]whitestar_999[/MENTION]

EDIT:

This is the official troubleshoot from MS
*msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff557433(VS.85).aspx

It indicates your HDD might be failing and specific sectors dont allow the windows driver to have write access.. Try doing this : Boot from windows DVD, go to the system formatting window and delete every available partition on your HDD, create new partitions again, then reinstall windows...If possible, you could try installing windows in a separate hard drive

Last edited:
OP
R

ram22693

That Elusive 7850 HD
Thanks for the reply [MENTION=110244]Nerevarine[/MENTION].

I did do that long back and it didn't work. Once I got into command Prompt using the Windows 7 Install discs, I used that to copy the files on the windows disc into one of the partitions I made and I assigned that partition to boot first on restart. (I don't know if I am making sense here, but basically copied files from windows disc to C:/ drive so the next time computer restarts, disc is not needed to install windows). I did this because I was getting constant "Can't Copy" errors at 20% 30% 75% and so on during the Win 7 setup. I however had no problems installing Win 7 from the partition. But after I did do that and setup my new Win 7, I was having weird issues like pen drives and hard disks not being detected and so it was useless as I couldn't take back up of my files on the other partitions. The BSOD happened again and I knew something in the hardware is going wrong. That's when I used Ubuntu, backed up all files, completely deleted all 4 partitions and tried installing windows again. Same error while copying files from disc to HDD. I am running Memtest using the Ubuntu live CD now. Will update if I find anything faulty with the RAM. I really hope it's the HDD though as that's still in warranty.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
Problem with your Hard disk. Probably in the boot sector. Ubuntu Live CD will work but installing any OS will likely give you problem.

Upload your images on imgur.com. Can't see attached files.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
before doing all that did you check your windows boot dvd image by verifying its sha1 value?did you try microsoft windows 7 usb download tool or did you try burning image to dvd with 2x speed with verify after burn option selected?

OP
R

ram22693

That Elusive 7850 HD
Problem with your Hard disk. Probably in the boot sector. Ubuntu Live CD will work but installing any OS will likely give you problem.

Upload your images on imgur.com. Can't see attached files.

BSOD - TomHardware - Help - Album on Imgur

Memtest has run 5 cycles and there are no errors, it's about to complete the 6th cycle.

OP
R

ram22693

That Elusive 7850 HD
I still get an error when I try to install from the disc to my new Evo 250. :( WHAT THE HELL!

Imgur

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
I still get an error when I try to install from the disc to my new Evo 250. :( WHAT THE HELL!

Imgur

Check your cables and remove all other HDD when you install in EVO.

Create a bootable USB for win 7 to rule out DVD driver problem.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
it is most likely that either you are getting corrupted image file or corrupted burned dvd(more likely).which software are you using to burn image?try nero free/ashampoo burning studio free & select verify after burn option.better yet try bootable pen drive option using microsoft win 7 usb tool.

a simple way to check if sata cable is the issue is by looking at ultradma crc count value in hdd monitoring softwares like crystaldiskinfo(use portable zip version).if this value is not zero & keeps on changing then sata cable is faulty.

OP
R

ram22693

That Elusive 7850 HD
Guys, can one of you give me the link to a proper & working version of a Windows 7 Ultimate x64 .iso file?

- - - Updated - - -
[MENTION=126812]whitestar_999[/MENTION]

I have a Macbook which is what I am using now to post here. Any idea how I can make a Windows 7 Bootable usb using my Macbook Pro?

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
osx - How to create a bootable USB Windows OS using Mac OS X - Super User
UNetbootin - Browse /UNetbootin/608 at SourceForge.net
2. Get the latest version of zip archive with the keyword "mac" in the filename.
3. Download and open it up on your Mac OS X desktop.
4. On Unetbootin interface, choose [Diskimage]->[ISO] and then select the Windows ISO file on your local hard drive.
5. Select the right USB Drive and then click [OK] to start writing ISO data onto your USB drive.
Once done, you're ready to boot your computer with this bootable USB drive, like a DVD installation disk.
try it.

OP
R

ram22693

That Elusive 7850 HD
[MENTION=110244]Nerevarine[/MENTION] [MENTION=126812]whitestar_999[/MENTION]

Weirdly enough I had a BSOD again after a clean install on my new SSD and smooth functioning of the PC after a couple of days. It was while I was playing Mortal Kombat X. I had never ever had a BSOD before I installed Mortal Kombat on my machine in the first place(The first BSOD that I had due to which I created this thread).

I have since uninstalled and I haven't had any problems the last couple of days either. Very very weird this.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
if system keeps running fine then something on your system is conflicting with this game resulting in bsod(directx version,av,gfx driver etc).

OP
R

ram22693

That Elusive 7850 HD
[MENTION=126812]whitestar_999[/MENTION] [MENTION=110244]Nerevarine[/MENTION]

Guys, My computer has been unstable even after I got the new SSD. I thought the crashes were due to Mortal Kombat but even after I have uninstalled I am having issues such as freezes while connecting external Harddisks and automatic power off & power back again. (Note: This is not computer crashing and restarting, this is a CPU losing power completely while connected to the UPS and getting the power back again.) This happened when I was trying to copy stuff from one external HDD to another. Also, my monitor goes to sleep when my computer crashes/freezes/loses power and restarts again and I have to remove the power cable and connect it back again for it to come back from sleep. It doesn't detect the PC if I don't do so.

I am wondering now if it's a motherboard/PSU issue. Damn irritating!

OP
R

ram22693

That Elusive 7850 HD
Trying with my old Huntkey( Not the best alternative but I have never had issues with it. ). Will let you guys know.

OP
R

ram22693

That Elusive 7850 HD
[MENTION=126812]whitestar_999[/MENTION] [MENTION=110244]Nerevarine[/MENTION]

Guys, so it seems like the issue was with my Antec 650VP. Any idea on chennai based service centres for Antec. This is the PSU: Antec VP650P SMPS - Buy @ Best Price in India | Snapdeal

Top Bottom