I am phoneless for the past few days; my puraana phone went bad :(

1. Budget?
9.5k max.

2. Display type and size?
capacitive, 320x480 at this budget atleast :p

3. Form Factor? bar, slider, flip?
bar only

4. Preferred choice of brand?
any brand except micromax and cheap indie. Huawei is also interesting; will do:-D

5. Preferred input method (QWERTY, touchscreen, numpad, touch-n-type).
Touch only

6. What camera option you want? Please specify need for flash, autofocus, front facing camera.
Good to have a 5mp but can live with a 3.2 mp too; good to have flash; if having a front facing cam THEN skype support is must

7. Preferred operating system? (Android, Symbian, iOS, Windows Phone etc).
Android :-D

8. Preferred connectivity options (3G, Wifi etc)Please specify clearly.
3G, WIFI..blah blah basics nowadays

9. Preferred applications (Flash, Swype, GPS, etc)?
yes. all mentioned aboved

10. Primary use of handset (multimedia, camera, mails, internet, gaming etc)?
work phone, camera, internet and a bit of gaming too

11. Any specific mobile phones in consideration?
Motorola Fire XT. its available for 9.1k at Infibeam though I am not sure* of its genuineness (Please suggest is it safe to buy a mobile off the Infibeam?).
Also I just saw Huawei X3 U8510. It also has a front facing camera but is more costly than this moto fire xt (dunno why?)
Also, I am not sure whether this Huawei supports skype with its FF cam or not.

12. Any other info that you want to share

Please suggest and tell me about the build quality of this moto. I have read on many infibeam/flipkart comments that the 4 basic android keys at the bottom though capacitive ARE NOT responsive that much and sometimes* DONT respond at all.
Is it true?

Also, please suggest me some nice handsets.

Thanks for helping me out..

OP
sky770

sky770

Journeyman
HTC Explorer if gaming is important
Motorola Fire XT if Skype is important

Hey, Thanks for replying.
Well neither of them is soo important but I am trying hard to get a good package.

How about the Huawei X3 U8510?? It has a good screen but a fairly underpowered processor, low RAM and screen is slightly smaller. Also the battery "mah" is low as compared. But the design of Huawei is better IMO. I don't know about skype support.

I would like to want some 3d menu drawers, animation effects such as present in Cyanogen mod by default. :) But as of now, everywhere I have read on net is that neither of them (the motorola fire xt and nor the huawei u8510) support Cyanogen mod or even upgrading to 2.3.5/ICS :(

Any inputs..? and more suggestions.. are welcome:-D

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
How about the Huawei X3 U8510?? It has a good screen but a fairly underpowered processor, low RAM and screen is slightly smaller. Also the battery "mah" is low as compared. But the design of Huawei is better IMO. I don't know about skype support.

256Mb ram is way too less. it mayn't support even Cyanogenmod9 properly cause of less ram.

I would like to want some 3d menu drawers, animation effects such as present in Cyanogen mod by default. :) But as of now, everywhere I have read on net is that neither of them (the motorola fire xt and nor the huawei u8510) support Cyanogen mod or even upgrading to 2.3.5/ICS :(

i think launchers (Go launcher, launcher pro) will bring in these 3D menu and all. but those only look good. soon you'll end up disabling and returning back to plain scrolling.

Renny

Padawan
Reviews say Fire XT's resolution is less for a 3.5" screen(165 ppi) => Screen quality is not very good.

OP
sky770

sky770

Journeyman
Holy SH!t !!! You guys din't tel me that >>

Motorola Defy *Mini* is coming?? a quick googling told me its around 10k.

:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D am laying my hands on this bby if its coming around ~10k :twisted::cool:

please tell me its packing a good punch comparing other mobile at the same price point of 10k plz plz :)

Reviews say Fire XT's resolution is less for a 3.5" screen(165 ppi) => Screen quality is not very good.

A comparison of Moto Fire XT and Samsung's galaxy ace.. they have same screen, ppi :

see this here

Now, plz give more suggestions/comments:-D

Last edited:

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Holy SH!t !!! You guys din't tel me that >>

Motorola Defy *Mini* is coming?? a quick googling told me its around 10k.

if its under 10k, it may steal the best buy from HTC Explorer. Both have same chipset but Defy Mini have better build.

A comparison of Moto Fire XT and Samsung's galaxy ace.. they have same screen, ppi :

see this here

Now, plz give more suggestions/comments:-D

either wait for Defy Mini or go for Explorer.

all current 3.5" Android mobile sucks. low resolution screen spoils everything. Peoples (& manufacturers too) should understand that packing a big screen and a powerful processor under such tight budget is not possible unless they sacrifice something which usually is a flash, poor cam (5Mp with 2Mp like quality), bad build quality, slow or no updates, etc.

OP
sky770

sky770

Journeyman
if its under 10k, it may steal the best buy from HTC Explorer. Both have same chipset but Defy Mini have better build.

either wait for Defy Mini or go for Explorer.

all current 3.5" Android mobile sucks. low resolution screen spoils everything. Peoples (& manufacturers too) should understand that packing a big screen and a powerful processor under such tight budget is not possible unless they sacrifice something which usually is a flash, poor cam (5Mp with 2Mp like quality), bad build quality, slow or no updates, etc.

+1 :| good insights.. I know OEMs are just plainly pasting the h/w and the s/w they find is correct; though defy mini IMO is having nice specs. low proc as to reduce batt. usage, high mah bat for long backup times :) +1 Moto. guess they're finally getting back their real brains :-D

When will the Defy Mini be available(GSMArena says 2012 Feb)? Approximate pricing?

um..srry bro looks like am new on forum so my PM that I had sent you..isn't being sent out for you.

So, i'll be copy/pasting my response here: :-D

Hi bro :)

yes, avoiding it for the time being. I just visited a local shop here in Noida for Moto fire xt. they're saying (the mobile store) that a lot of people have been asking abt this particular model but all of them they had have sold out (..interesting:-D).

Another shopwallas i visited, (local retailers) were offering me it for ~9k-9.5k~.

Anyways I can wait for Motorola Defy Mini to come out. :-D though i need a phone urgently but I guess, my bad times are here.. :|

Have a lookout on defy mini; good specs hope its around 10k max 11k then i would surely go for it (ofcourse only after checking reviews on youtube and digit:-D)

AND plz do tell me whichever phone you buy; via PM or otherwise here in this thread :)

Thx~

This fire xt customer explaining a prob.. guess it s not a "prob" its basically an understanding issue of charging a 16xx mah battery :D moreover many improvements are made if he upgrades it to 2.3.5 via motorola updates. check here its on our forum only :O

Last edited:
Top Bottom