Conroe!!!! Its Here!! In India!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

chesss

mera kutch nahi ho sakta
excuse me mods, but oh bhas ki aankh!! I wasn't expecting this at all . conroe has been released in INDIA!! i was't expecting it to come for atleast 4-5 months!!
You have no idea how excited I am. finally my long overdue upgrade from a PIII is here!! WOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOO

*www.dnaindia.com/report.asp?NewsID=1044023

BANGALORE: Global chip major, Intel Corporation on Thursday unveiled its Core 2 Duo processors in India and appeared upbeat about the prospects of the new processor family in the market.

"India is a country with strong information technology early adopter community," Intel Director, Digital Home Brand Management, Charlotte Lamprecht said.

Highlighting the features of the processors, she said, the industry saw the heart of the computer reinvented like this only after Intel introduced the Pentium processor.

Intel Managing Director, Sales and Marketing (South Asia), Ramamurthy Sivakumar said the processor is an "energy-efficient marvel", packing 291 million transistors yet consuming 40 per cent lower power.

The 10 Intel Core Duo 2 and Intel Core 2 Extreme processors, unveiled on Thursday, are for consumer and business desktop and laptop PCs and workstations, company executives said.

They said the Core 2 Duo processor family consists of five desktop PC processors tailored for business, home, and "enthusiast users", such as high-end gamers, and five mobile PC processors designed to fit the needs of a mobile lifestyle.

Asked what "happens" to the company's Pentium processors, with the launch of Core 2 Duo processors, Lamprecht said Pentium will remain a brand.

Pentium has earned "phenomenal recognition" in India for its "value", she said adding "We are not going to throw that value away."

I guess its only a matter of max 2 weeks, before it is in stores. right?

tech-geek

Right off the assembly line
thats good new

------------------------------------------------------
The Technology Guide
*thinkdigit.blogspot.com/

montylee

Journeyman
That's gr8 news for sure but what abt motherboards?
Are motherboards supporting Conroe available in India?

G

gxsaurav

motherboard supporting Intel 975X chipset, P965 chipset, nforce4 Intel edition are available in india,

this is a good news guys, i just hope, Core 2 Duo E6400 prices are smilier to it's $ counterpart, about Rs 11,000+tax

although the real value killer would be E6300 with Intel G965 chipset

magnet

Youngling
well core 2 duo ifu hav money and want an urgent system grab it...or else dell hp r going to buy every peice of it.......
intel wont b producing many c2 d presently inorder to complete there old pent d stock first.....

G

gxsaurav

all motherboards, which are compatible with Core 2 duo power requirment will support it. The problem is, not many board out there support the new power requirment

Intel 975XBX Rev. 2 & Intel 965 chipset are tailor made for C2D

i looked & for the indian market, i believe, Core 2 duo E6300 with intel D965SS motherboard will rock. Intel boards are sold here, more then any other brand & D965SS board, provides all the features ever thought of, even the onboard graphics is equivalent to Geforce 6200 in features & maybe in performance, remember it is fully Vista Ceritified & can support full DirectX 10 in hardware, via just a driver upgrade

Too bad intel is ditching IDE so soon, there are not any SATA optical drivers, so the only way is to use a SATA HD with Pata optical drive

Pathik

Google Bot
@gx wat ll be the approx cost of the combo u suggested....
btw check this out
*www.xbitlabs.com/articles/cpu/display/core2duo-e6300.html
and y did u choose d965 ss only.....
isnt this better d965 wh....

hows this ASUS P5W DH

Last edited:

montylee

Journeyman
gxsaurav said:
i looked & for the indian market, i believe, Core 2 duo E6300 with intel D965SS motherboard will rock.

Yup, the mentioned combination looks good. I wonder abt the price of this combo in India???

G

gxsaurav

pathiks

D965WH is indeed better, but also costly. For the masses a D965SS is enough, despite of being MATX, U get 5.1 channel HD Audio, & hardly anyone goes for 8.1 channel speakers on onboard audio. Besides, this is for the value catagory, where people usualy don't even buy 5.1 channel speakers.

the onboard graphics are same on both & remember many people don't buy a graphics card at the time of purchasing computer, most of the buyers add one later. For this scenario, D965SS fits best, onboard graphics which is very optimised, sufficiant for Windows Vista, & even light gaming along with a PCI-X X16 slot

I said, this config will be sold the most, most of the buyers are without much knowledge in computers, those who have knowledge, will sure go for higher end components, but this combo will be the one for the masses soon in india.

I don't know anything about the pricing, but judging by the previous combo's of intel such a P4 2.4C+865GBF, & P-D 805 with Intel 945GNT, I would suspect that this combo will be arround 13k

montylee

Journeyman
I'll definetely buy this combo if it comes for 13K.
Any idea abt the availability of this combo in Delhi???

G

gxsaurav

just checked the specs of Asus P5W DH motherboard, quite a nice one, but remember, Xbit lab wanted to overclock the CPU, as it can be a good value overclocker, however how many people u see in india overclocking, not much. besides with the lack of overclocking features,the price also reduces, & this is what the general customar in india wants

akshayt

Wise Old Owl
1) All core 2 duo's are not conroes. E6300 is allendale, E6600 and up are conroe. Not fully sure about E6400.

2)Most motherboards at the moment may be expensive.

3)At the moment, I don't suggest the majority toupgrade. I think there is stuttering and all at the moment, so first some richies should start using and others should follow suit.

4)Don't forget to get an equivalent graphic card else your games will still be bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom