**Connectivity between mobiles,tabs & USB devices **

IndRaj95

Broken In
I need to know the best price of a cable which can connect mobile phones & tablets with pen drives & data cards.
I would prefer cables that don't required OTG suppport on mobile devices,if at all they are available.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
I use a locally bought Rs 50 OTG cable to connect my N7 (tab) with any USB storage device.
Not sure how can you connect them *without* OTG support.

Hrishi

There are bluetooth based storage devices based on bluetooth network. But they are expensive.
AFAIK , most of the cellphones and tablets only have USB port for wired connectivity. ANd for using them you must have a device with USB OTG suppport. You can have custom kernels that may add this feature.
Plus you may even need the Y jack , to use external power bank in order to power you memory devices.

So without OTG , I wonder what mechanism you plan to use , .

OP
I

IndRaj95

Broken In
Hmm...If the device does support OTG then can any OTG cable can be used to connect pen drives,hard disks,mouse,keyboard,data cards of all major companies?
Does it require additional software in device to enable the connected device to work?

I've also heard that some devices don't support some data cards.Is it true?
Does it depend on the kind of OTG cable?

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Hmm...If the device does support OTG then can any OTG cable can be used to connect pen drives,hard disks,mouse,keyboard,data cards of all major companies?
Does it require additional software in device to enable the connected device to work?

I've also heard that some devices don't support some data cards.Is it true?
Does it depend on the kind of OTG cable?

Lot of questions.
Try an OTG cable from local market first. Mine costed Rs 50 and works with Nexus 7.
It can be used to connect any external USB storage media.
You would need StickyMount app to use OTG connection. Its available on play market.

Top Bottom