Connecting Tata Sky HD+ , Sony LED TV KDL 46"HX750 & Sony BDV-E690 ( 5.1 Ch Home Theatre )

rahulrana681

Broken In
Hi

Recently I purchased the above 3 items from different shops and a different guy came to install every one of the items. Before the Home theatre could be installed I had to leave for Mumbai and couldn't see its installation happening in front of me.

Now tata sky was connected to the LED tv through a HDMI cable and the LED tv was connected to Blu ray home theatre through another HDMI cable. Tata sky is coming on TV very fine but its audio is not coming through HT but through the speakers of TV itself. When I play something in Blu Ray player its video and audio is coming fine though the TV and HT speakers respectively.

Since my parents don't know much about all these things they couldn't discuss much with the service guy and that guy told them some optical/composite cable is required for hearing the tata sky sound in HT.

I just want to know how all three can be connected for the best audio and video quality. Do I really need some optical cable or any other combination of HDMI cables can get the job done.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
you can get TV audio from HT speakers but getting audio output from TV is not recommended(lots of technicalities but i am giving you the summary).connect your home theater directly to set top box using optical/co-axial ouput port.your HT system & HD set top box should have an optical/co-axial port in back.

OP
R

rahulrana681

Broken In
So I do need a third cable either optical/coaxial. Which will be better and can you suggest me some website from where I can order. Thank you.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Belkin Digital Optical Audio Cable / Toslink Cable 2 Metre : F3Y093QE - www.deltapage.com
Bandridge VAL4802 VL Digital Coax Cable RCA M - RCA M 2.0 m Data Cable - Bandridge: Flipkart.com
below is costlier & better gold plated connector version of above
Bandridge SAL4802 PRE Digi Coax Audio Cable RCA Male - RCA Male 2.0 m Data Cable - Bandridge: Flipkart.com

keep in mind that co-axial is different from optical though both are s/pdif ports.co-axial port is like usual circle shaped while optical is square shaped.if in doubt see specifications of devices.

Top Bottom