Connecting PS2 To LCD Monitor

Status
Not open for further replies.

dd_wingrider

In the zone
Ok here is the thing, I have a PS2 lying around which I am not able to play due to the lack of decent screen. I am thinking of buying a 24 dell monitor and hooking up the ps2 to it.

Can't go for a full fledged computer system, cos all the work I do is from a laptop. So, that monitor is probably used to play games or will attach a tata sky to it as well.

So, can any one help me on the following things:
1. How to connect a PS2 to LCD Monitor and what all extra hardware I need(vga box anyone??) . I did search on net but need advice from someone who actually did it.

2. A decent monitor 24 inch will be just fine. Can extend the budget for quality.

Thanks in advance.

FilledVoid

Who stole my Alpaca!
Out of curiosity but shouldn't you be able to connect a PS2 to the monitor using a External TV Tuner Box. I think Ive seen someone doing that before which is why I ask. however you might want to wait for the console experts about this :D .

how-to-connect-playstation-2-to-your-crt/lcd-monitor

Like me, being living outside of my hometown, I only have a personal computer with me, and it would be an extra burden to purchase an additional television for the sake of console entertainment at house. And so i’ve decided to find an option to connect my Playstation 2 to my monitor. It’s so advance now that most of the high-end LCD monitors provides direct input into the panel without going through another additional hardware. Here will be a brief guide on how you can play your Playstation 2 Games on your CRT monitors.
*img174.imageshack.us/img174/2921/dscf6072ud8.th.jpg*img174.imageshack.us/img174/6531/dscf6073dw9.th.jpg
Of course we will need both the console and a monitor for this to work.
*img174.imageshack.us/img174/9641/dscf6074tb9.th.jpg
And the extra ingredient would be this tool called the VGA BOX. The price usually varies from different brand due to features and quality.
*img174.imageshack.us/img174/5306/dscf6075wp2.th.jpg*img174.imageshack.us/img174/5559/dscf6076fl4.th.jpg
The package comes with the cable where you can retrieves output from your console and then go through the VGA box and transfers the signal to your monitor. Note there are 5 plugs into your VGA Box from the Playstation, the 3 plugs in a wire are for displays while the latter are for audio, both left and right channel.
*img174.imageshack.us/img174/5648/dscf6078hs7.th.jpg*img174.imageshack.us/img174/2875/dscf6079vt2.th.jpg*img174.imageshack.us/img174/4973/dscf6080zl7.th.jpg
By making sure every plugs and cable is in it’s place. And of course the switch is turned on, you can then test if the VGA box is working.
*img174.imageshack.us/img174/4563/dscf6081vz6.th.jpg*img174.imageshack.us/img174/6407/dscf6082in5.th.jpg
As you switch on your Playstation, please make sure you also switch on your monitor’s power. Locate the ‘display’ switch which is on the VGA box that you will be able to switch to different output on-the-fly, either the console or your CPU. Enjoy!

More information :
Code:
*tinyurl.com/ygq653q

OP
dd_wingrider

dd_wingrider

In the zone
^^^ Thanks for the info, I did see that while searching. Just wanted to have advice from someone who actually made this work or seen this working personally.

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
Composite cable that is being used in that tutorial..is not a bundled cable. You have to buy it seperatley from sony place. It will be available for 800 bucks, I think. If you think that is a bang... you can always use the supplied component cables but the games will not look stunning as they will be in composite. And given that you have a HD screen.. go with the composite cables. Its worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom