Connecting PC to TV?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jerry146

Broken In
I have a lot of DivX cds but do not have DivX player.. I want to connect my PC output to TV. PC config is P4 2.6 GHz and has intel 865 chipset. TV is standard Philips 21". What is the cable I need to do that? The distance between my PC and TV is about 7-8 m.

enoonmai

Cyborg Agent
Hmm, you need a video card with a TV-out feature for you to be able to do this. So, I am afraid connecting a TV as a monitor, you need a barebones graphics card that supports TV-out, like a GeForce MX card, to be able to do this. Once you get a GFMX card, you can use an S-Video/Composite cable to plug your TV into your video card's TV-out and then using the nVidia nView software to configure the TV-out for your TV.

rachitboom2

Ambassador of Buzz
Get any GFX card above 5200 FX or even 5200 as they support dual display, I mean both monitor and TV at the same time.

eckswyezed

Broken In
Since your on-board card doesn't have a TV-out, the only alternatives are:
1. Buy a gfx card that DOES have TV-out
2. Buy a hardware DivX Player

I strongly recommend option 2 - the Philips DVP642K is now available in the Indian market (at an awesome price of Rs. 5500) and it plays all Divx and Xvid files without a single hiccup! Strongly recommended. Now i can watch my 200-strong DivX collection on my sweet 29" TV!

rachitboom2

Ambassador of Buzz
rachitboom2 said:
Get any GFX card above 5200 FX or even 5200 as they support dual display, I mean both monitor and TV at the same time.

I will still say => "Get any GFX card above 5200 FX or even 5200"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom