Connecting n6600 to pc

pushkaraj

In the zone
I hav activated mobile office service on my n6600. I surf the net on my pc by connectin my cell to it via bluetooth. But the download speed is as low as 3-4kbps :mad: I tried connectin my friend's n6630 to my pc and access the net and it gave me download speeds in the range of 8-9 kbps :D Could it be bcoz i had connected the cell via the usb cable. If yes, then i hav heard that there is usb cable available for n6600 also. IS it gonna help in increasing the download or surfing speed?

Pathik

Google Bot
6630 is a edge nd 3g fone... Thats the reason 4 the better speed.. Also the data cable provides better speeds than bt

Pathik

Google Bot
it ll work... but the usb data cable was available only wit the extremely old version of the 6600 ... after the revised hardware the data cable support was discontinued... i doubt ur 6600 has it..

OP
pushkaraj

pushkaraj

In the zone
:) Thanks:p I will check out if the vendor demonstrates the use of the cable by connecting my cell via nokia pc suite.

cooldip10

In the zone
pathiks said:
6630 is a edge nd 3g fone... Thats the reason 4 the better speed.. Also the data cable provides better speeds than bt

EDGE has more speed than GPRS.. as my frnd has already said..

U can try the cable for satisfactory results..

Crazy Kidd

In the zone
Bluetooth is faster than Data Cable. And the reason for your slow speed is your mob. It lacks EDGE. And the draw back of Nokia data cable is it doesn't charge your mob like the SE or Motorola one. So data cable is a bad option. It won't help you with net speed.

And where are you from?? I'm using Mobile Office too. But I'm getting 8-10 KBps download speed on my Motorola L7. It doesn't have EDGE.

Sage48

Right off the assembly line
I hav activated mobile office service on my n6600. I surf the net on my pc by connectin my cell to it via bluetooth. But the download speed is as low as 3-4kbps :mad: I tried connectin my friend's n6630 to my pc and access the net and it gave me download speeds in the range of 8-9 kbps :D Could it be bcoz i had connected the cell via the usb cable. If yes, then i hav heard that there is usb cable available for n6600 also. IS it gonna help in increasing the download or surfing speed?

First, I recommend a cable over bluetooth. Second, the connection depends on your network signal. Third, don't expect too much, you might just receiving a GPRS connection & not 3G.

Top Bottom