Connecting more than 2 comprents to NEW plasma TV

Status
Not open for further replies.

haddad287

Broken In
Hello all, I just bought today a Samsung 50" Plasma TV. Really cool ^_^ (Samsung PN50A400C2DXZA)

Anyhow, I own a Xbox 360 and a satellite reciever (set-top-box). And I tried to connect them both using the Regular Video/Audio cable (red/yellow/white) And I could only hook up 1 working with color and sound. For example

I hook up my STB to AV 1 (works fine). I connect then my Xbox 360 to the Componenet 2, (I get a black an white screen). I heard that componenet 2, ONLY accpets componenet cables. So does this mean I must get componenet cables to make them both work? an color. I also heard that I cant use HDMI cables. whats that? And doesent this TV have an AV 2? I looked on the back side, and it doesent, it is hidden? lol

OP
H

haddad287

Broken In
Ok, I have fixed the problem. I bought a HD Componenet cable for my Xbox and connected it to my Componenet 2. And I connected the regular a/v cables to componenet 1 which appeared as AV1 becuase its not componenet cables.

Anyway, I also bought a Samsung DVD/VCR combo. I connected the signal source to the ANT IN (the STB), Then I used the A/V cable from the STB to the DVD, then from the DVD to the TV. I got better picture that using the Coax cable =). But if I want to use the Componenet HD cables, would I have to use the compoenent HD cables from the STB to DVD, and from the DVD to TV? Or just from the DVD to TV?

And my STB doesent have an HDMI cable. how would I connect what I have now using HDMI cables, please help me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom