Connecting Laptop to Television

bad_till_bones

Ðèåd Måñ Wå£KîÑG
Hi guys,

I want to connect my Laptop to an old BPL television. Both in terms of Audio & Video.

Want to use HDMI/VGA/7-pin SVideo port of the Laptop.

TV being old only has a RCA slot. TV's RCA slot pic is below -

*t.imgbox.com/aaoJQdYX.jpg

Did some search and seems I would be needing the below two cables! But need some confirmation on the same.

For Video -

*t.imgbox.com/aajQZC0w.jpg

For Audio -

*t.imgbox.com/aarkdJqD.jpg

Guys, please help on this!

Please someone answer to this! Thanks.

OP
bad_till_bones

bad_till_bones

Ðèåd Måñ Wå£KîÑG
Well AFAIK the laptop dont comes with RCA connectors so how will you do that?

Brother, using S-Video slot of the laptop for video.

And 3.5mm headphone slot for audio.

BTW - Guys bought the above cables Nvidia detects the TV, but no display!

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
you have to correctly configure the nvidia driver settings to use s-video on secondary display & also use use the option "projector/secondary monitor only" while switching displays using windows 7 inbuilt display settings.it would be more helpful knowing the resolution & refresh rate(usually v-sync) of tv but i doubt you still have the manual.

OP
bad_till_bones

bad_till_bones

Ðèåd Måñ Wå£KîÑG
you have to correctly configure the nvidia driver settings to use s-video on secondary display & also use use the option "projector/secondary monitor only" while switching displays using windows 7 inbuilt display settings.it would be more helpful knowing the resolution & refresh rate(usually v-sync) of tv but i doubt you still have the manual.

Bro,

Can u please check your PM!

Or please explain what are the correct settings that I have to configure for Nvidia? Basically I am using Dell XPS M1530. Nvidia 8600M display card. OS - Win 7 64 bit Home Premium.

And I hope I have bought the rite cables?

Sujeet

Undead!!!
In Nvidia Control Panel.
Browse To Display Settings.
There all The Video Output Will be listed.Like HDMI/DVI/VGA/S-Video etc.
You can configure any of the output once they are active(port should be in use).
Just Input the correct Settings Like Set Output Resolution to the supported or Native Resolution of TV and same for refresh Rate.

OP
bad_till_bones

bad_till_bones

Ðèåd Måñ Wå£KîÑG
In Nvidia Control Panel.
Browse To Display Settings.
There all The Video Output Will be listed.Like HDMI/DVI/VGA/S-Video etc.
You can configure any of the output once they are active(port should be in use).
Just Input the correct Settings Like Set Output Resolution to the supported or Native Resolution of TV and same for refresh Rate.

Bro, I am using 285.62 version of driver. And I am unable to locate the settings that you have mentioned!

What to do? Please guide me!

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
see here:
How to Use S Video on NVIDIA Graphics Cards | eHow.com

it seems like you have to select input in tv also.also first use window logo key+P shortcut to activate multiple display options in windows 7 as i mentioned in my pm & then try nvidia control panel as mentioned in above link.

OP
bad_till_bones

bad_till_bones

Ðèåd Måñ Wå£KîÑG
see here:
How to Use S Video on NVIDIA Graphics Cards | eHow.com

it seems like you have to select input in tv also.also first use window logo key+P shortcut to activate multiple display options in windows 7 as i mentioned in my pm & then try nvidia control panel as mentioned in above link.

Bro, thanks for the link. But its for Svideo at both the ends. But in my case, TV has a RCA slot.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
found a link for you & in my opinion it is not worth the effort you are putting.s-video to rca is a tricky matter & it seems a lot depends on cable as well.
Connect laptop (VGA/S-video) to TV (RCA)

OP
bad_till_bones

bad_till_bones

Ðèåd Måñ Wå£KîÑG
found a link for you & in my opinion it is not worth the effort you are putting.s-video to rca is a tricky matter & it seems a lot depends on cable as well.
Connect laptop (VGA/S-video) to TV (RCA)

Bro, u saw the last post of that thread. That guy's video came! But not in my case! N the cable is same....

Top Bottom