Connecting 3 PC in one Connection

Status
Not open for further replies.

ajayashish

Living to Succeed
I have 1 PC and 2 laptops at my home and i recently took a Dataone connection with Type 2 modem... (Wifi ..1 USB... 1Lan)

I can connect using wifi on my laptop and my desktop by USB but not at once. I mean is there any procedure where i can browse on my Laptop using Wifi and my Desktop using either Lan or USB...

Also tell me how can i make a network of 3 machines and use one internet connection to use on all of them and also share data of one another

Last edited:

shantanu

Technomancer
you have to buy a usb network HUB and then you can connect three pc as two pc(peer to peer can be done without hub .. but not in this case...

shantanu

Technomancer
you can buy hub as no long range network is needed and wifi cant be possible as such you have to go long way for that so better go for USB nework hub

OP
ajayashish

ajayashish

Living to Succeed
i mean can i connect my 2 laptops wireless type... i don;t want to get wired with my laptops.. can a router help me

Pathik

Google Bot
u need to take a wifi access point and a wifi adapter 4 ur pc.. Assuming ur 2 lappys hv wifi

tintin100

Broken In
I am assuming that your 2 laptops are WiFi enabled, but your desktop is normal one.
Then you have to buy the followings
1. An Wireless router
2. A WiFi network card for your desktop (PCI 802.11b/g)

As the dataOne modem cannot connect to two device simultaniously (via USB/LAN and WiFi) you have to connect it to your computer via an USB/LAN.

then you have to connect the wireless PCI card to your desktop and configure the router from your desktop.
now you have a wireless network through the router.

Now configure the laptops for a WiFi connection. (Always check the security issues.)
then install any freeware proxy server software (like AnalogX proxy) and configure your laptops to access the internet through the desktop proxy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom