connect laptop to tv?

varun dudeja

Right off the assembly line
how to connect laptop to a TV? i dnt have any high tech tv...just a colour tv with a/v cables(red yellow and white cables)...i also have a tv tuner hardware which might help in connection but i dont know how to do it!

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
Use TV tuner card in yur laptop to view TV in your laptop.
Unless the TV you are having, have HDMI in or VGA/DVI in port, you can't connect your laptop to TV.

frankeric

Journeyman
Use TV tuner card in yur laptop to view TV in your laptop.
Unless the TV you are having, have HDMI in or VGA/DVI in port, you can't connect your laptop to TV.

He want that his tv act like his external monitor he Didnt want to watch tv in his laptop.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
not possible unless there is similar video port on both tv & laptop.laptops don't have rca ports but some older laptops & tv's used to have S-video port.if both tv & laptop has S-video port then only it is possible else forget about it.

frankeric

Journeyman
not possible unless there is similar video port on both tv & laptop.laptops don't have rca ports but some older laptops & tv's used to have S-video port.if both tv & laptop has S-video port then only it is possible else forget about it.

Hi there brother it is possible or you can say if lcd did not support vga cable than it is not possible other wise every laptop supports vga cable and external monitors.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ever heard of a vga port in old crt tv(yes before lcd there were crt tv's which used to have rca ports like op mentioned & many times s-video too)?

frankeric

Journeyman
^^ever heard of a vga port in old crt tv(yes before lcd there were crt tv's which used to have rca ports like op mentioned & many times s-video too)?

Hi buddy what i heard old crt monitors got vga ports not tvs if you have any example than please share with us.

Top Bottom