Confusion with sata ports on gigabyte-ga-b75m-d3h (need to connect 5 sata devices)

kartikoli

Busy!!
Some one please clarify if i can use 5 SATA devices (4xHD and a DVD RW... can upgrade one more HD in future) on following motherboard.

Gigabyte GA-B75M-D3H Motherboard - Gigabyte: Flipkart.com

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Some one please clarify if i can use 5 SATA devices (4xHD and a DVD RW... can upgrade one more HD in future) on following motherboard.

Gigabyte GA-B75M-D3H Motherboard - Gigabyte: Flipkart.com

You can certainly connect but see how many of them are SATA 6GBPS and how many are SATA 3GBPS. Connect the HDD's to SATA 6GBPS and DVD-RW to SATA 3GBPS.OK.

OP
kartikoli

kartikoli

Busy!!
thanks for the quick reply i was confused as friend said that it has got 2 ports for SSD (frankly i have never used an SSD so no idea regarding it)

A quick question as its my friend's PC and he is upgrading so now i have an option of shifting from AMD to Intel so which combo is better

My PC - FX-8120 and Asus M5A97 R2.0
Friend PC- i5-3470 and gigabyte-ga-b75m-d3h

thanks for the quick reply i was confused as friend said that it has got 2 ports for SSD (frankly i have never used an SSD so no idea regarding it)

A quick question as its my friend's PC and he is upgrading so now i have an option of shifting from AMD to Intel so which combo is better

My PC - FX-8120 and Asus M5A97 R2.0
Friend PC- i5-3470 and gigabyte-ga-b75m-d3h

What is the PC's primary usage and budget? AMD combo will require a discreet graphic card as it does not have an IGP.

OP
kartikoli

kartikoli

Busy!!
What is the PC's primary usage and budget? AMD combo will require a discreet graphic card as it does not have an IGP.

i have a backup card (gt 520) but will have a gpu for sure (going to buy 270x or 7950/equivalent card very soon)

This is all in one PC so gaming, movies , apps , sometime ripping(occasional). I am not the one who get offended if a PC takes nano sec. more to do some task so i am fine with it but gaming is primary @1080p which takes load on gpu and not much on cpu

@ rijinpk1 Please upload the pic somewhere

i have a backup card (gt 520) but will have a gpu for sure (going to buy 270x or 7950/equivalent card very soon)

This is all in one PC so gaming, movies , apps , sometime ripping(occasional). I am not the one who get offended if a PC takes nano sec. more to do some task so i am fine with it but gaming is primary @1080p which takes load on gpu and not much on cpu

The Intel config is certainly cheaper and offers slightly better gaming performance.

The Intel config is certainly cheaper and offers slightly better gaming performance.

Top Bottom