confusion over buying 750W PSU

sam1

Journeyman
hi all, i'm thinking abt buying a corsair TX750/GS700 PSU. when i looked at the packaging, i found that required input current is mentioned as 10A. in india, we usually get 5~6A@230V. so is the input of 10A universal or for countries where the source voltage is 110V? it wud be gr8 if ppl actually using it (preferably with a GTX 460 card) could confirm the input current & voltage requirements for the TX750. i don't want to spend rs.6500/- on the PSU just to find out i have to chng the source current supply!!!
my config is -
xfx 680i lt mobo
c2duo e8400 (3GHz)
2x2GB Zion DDR2 (800MHz)
WD 320GB + Seagate 1TB
2 xfx 8600GT in SLI (might upgrade to GTX 460 soon)
dvd rw
my system is currently running on a zebronix 500w psu.

one more thingy - can u suggest frm whr i can get the cheapest price for the corsair PSU in kolkata?

jerrin_ss5

Never give up!!
hey i don't think u need to worry abt. input voltage or current specs as they are made universally and can work in our environment !
as u can check even i have gtx460 and i'm using cooler master gx550w and i did'nt need to change any source current supply !!

OP
S

sam1

Journeyman
thnx for responding. that's where the problem seems to be - i checked out the cooler master GX 750 and now, the GX550. they specifically mention the input current rating at different voltages. but the corsair ones do not. i think i'm going to go for the cooler master PSUs in the end. btw, will the GX750 be able to accommodate 2 460s in SLI?

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
I would prefer Corsair over Cooler Master any day. Go for TX750, you will not be disappointed. If you want even better quality PSU, check Corsair's newer AX750 80 PLUS Gold certified PSU.

Professional Series Gold - Modular PSUs - Power Supplies

OP
S

sam1

Journeyman
thnx. but i like the seasonic ss 750 js more. way cheaper than tx 750 and much better efficiency certification.

Top Bottom