confusion in memory upgrade which is the best option available

Status
Not open for further replies.

amitabhverma8

Right off the assembly line
hello their friends

i am trying to upgrade ram after a long time the problem is that the configuration is little bit outdated according to today's requirement. but still i have to upgrade my memory. i am little bit confused as i have come across two option for which here are the links

(option 1)
Kingston ValueRAM 2GB (2 x 1GB) 184-Pin DDR SDRAM DDR 400 (PC 3200) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory

*www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820141465

(option 2)
Kingston ValueRAM 2GB (2 x 1GB) 184-Pin DDR SDRAM DDR 400 (PC 3200) System Memory - Retail

*www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820141308

these are two option available according to me.

i have in my PC (1gb of kingston ram)

Kingston KVR400X64C3A/1G 1GB DDR RAM PC-3200 184-Pin DIMM

now i want to upgrade to 2gb or 4gb of ram. i have a genuine Intel motherboard 865gbf.

here is the link for motherboard details ::

*www.intel.com/support/motherboards/desktop/D865GBF/sb/cs-008984.htm

ok now the problem is that i cannot understand the difference between the two memory models. option one says dual channel kit desktop memory and the second option says System memory. what is the real difference between them ?

secondly i know that my motherboard supports up to 800 MHz of FSB so is their is any better ram or good ram available besides these two models ?

thirdly i cannot figure out that my motherboard does it supports DDR SDRAM only or does it supports DDR2 SDRAM ?

if it supports DDR2 SDRAM please guide which are the best brands available for memory ?

thank you

amitabh verma

PS Note:: i am also attaching a detail description of my computer configuration in a text file attachment.

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
your mobo doesnot support 800mhz memory. You have to go to 400mhz or 333mhz. If you are buying two stics, then be sure that both module's frequency is same.

And if you want to buy 4gb memory... you have to go to vista or xp 64-bit edition. Because xp 32-bit edition has some problems with memory more than 3 gb.

your mother board does not support DDR2 memory.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom