confused????????

Status
Not open for further replies.

merwan

Right off the assembly line
my specs:

*valid.x86-secret.com
id: 208552

you can see i have a top processor and good amount of memory. im only left with graphics card right? currently i have ATI radeon 1600PRO. i think considering i have a 17inch monitor, i thought the best graphics card to get (considering money aswell) would be a NVIDIA 8800GTS320.

now this is confusing part :confused:. what on earth is a physx accelerator card? from what i read so far about this accelerator (but sadly gave up too quickly), i understood that i can add this accelerator along with my current graphics card or the new one that i think im gonna get? is that true?

as my motherboard doesnt support sli or crossfire thus i cant generally combine two graphics cards :( . but can i possibly add this accelerator with my graphics card? if i am able to, do i really need to get that 8800GTS320?

please help and thank you. too much love for the game STALKER.

hmm was told from sources that ati radeon 1950pro is not as good as nvidia 8800gts320 however less costly and a solid card. also 320 mb is a bit low so i might stick to 1950pro. physx accelerators i heard are good for some games and would be better to get a good GPU. so i think get another graphics card. if you guys wanna add something else please do. bye

Last edited:

Third Eye

gooby pls
physx accelerator card-they do physics calculations like ragdoll physics and helps to take off load from gpu.physx is flop.new generaions card can easily do physics calculations.

Physix cards take the load of physics calculations from the CPU so to give more detailed grafics ..... it uses PCI slot ... so u can use it with ur existing grfics card even if u dnt have SLI or CROSSFIRE .... I 'll recommend it if u have a high end gfx card abd money to spare .... but it does need properly coded games and drivers ...which are not in big numbers now ...but definately will be in future ...and no grafic card can match its capabilities .... so if u can .. go for 8800gts with this card ..and see the diff in games which can utilise it to full potential.

OP
M

merwan

sounds good. im getting 8800gts and a physx accelerator.

ok which phyxs accelerator shalll i get? a good one and good money please

my specs

*valid.x86-secret.com/show_oc?id=208552

thank you guys.

OP
M

merwan

ok send us a link for a cool physx card please that will work on my computer and prefer the link from uk too.

cpu-z
*valid.x86-secret.com/show_oc?id=208552

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
A physics card is a stand alone card which can perform most of the physics calculations in a game without having the Graphic card having to bear the additional load on it.This technology seemed too delicious when it was initially launched but till now except Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter & recently released Infernal,no other game has made dedicated use of Ageia's PhysX technology.And people who have actually bought the card in a verge to see some ground breaking changes in the game have been sorely disappointed.There have not been much noticeable differences so far.

Point being at this point a PhysX card is not required.Hardly any games are available & even their availibilty out here is a strict no-no.Unless you plan to get it from overseas.Take my word,give this technology a bit more time to develop & then choose to go for it.Plus there are a few titles which would be boasting this technology in future.Some on them I believe would be Cell Factor:Revolution,Auto Assault,Fallen Earth,Unreal Tournament 3,Switchball,Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2 & some other games which would have dedicated support for Ageia's PhysX.So up until then the high end cards are capable of pulling off substantial amount of physics calculations in current games.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom