Confuse with DSLR camera

arsenalfan001

Arsenal Fan
If you are going to upgrade anyway, why don't you purchase something 2nd hand or a new one with lowest price tag.
Canon 1200D with two kit lenses comes at around 27k, Nikon D3200 with a kit lens is also available at around same price.
Is there any specific reason for not choosing one among these?

OP
Ricky

Ricky

Cyborg Agent
[MENTION=70577]arsenalfan001[/MENTION] , that is the plan now, will go for cheaper at the moment so that atleast I can get it going. However, 1200D or D3300 looks too basic, I wanted to go for 750D .. but as gave reason, I will not feel good after spending 75K on it.. ..

nac

Aspiring Novelist
Going by the price D5200 from Nikon is one option to consider against 700D. But I would still lean towards 700D. Since you're not in a hurry, read in-depth reviews of these two cameras before deciding.

OP
Ricky

Ricky

Cyborg Agent
What is major difference between 1200D and 700D , there is almost 10K difference in price however, spec wise I see that 700D has touch screen , articulated screen and 5 fps burst while 1200D has slightly better ISO but lower (3 fps) burst. rest seems identical..

On the other hand Sony SLT A58 also looks tempting, though not a DSLR but far easier to use and built in shake reduction and have fasted autofocus than 700D, 1200D, D5200 etc. and best viewfinder .. ?

arsenalfan001

Arsenal Fan
[MENTION=70577]arsenalfan001[/MENTION] , that is the plan now, will go for cheaper at the moment so that atleast I can get it going. However, 1200D or D3300 looks too basic, I wanted to go for 750D .. but as gave reason, I will not feel good after spending 75K on it.. ..

I still do not see much difference between D3300 and D5XXX series cameras.
Anyway, if you have decided then go ahead.
Good luck and hope to see your snaps here soon :)

OP
Ricky

Ricky

Cyborg Agent
I still do not see much difference between D3300 and D5XXX series cameras.
Anyway, if you have decided then go ahead.
Good luck and hope to see your snaps here soon :)
Well, if had 100K then would have already made the purchase, it means I have yet not decided.

However, the D3300 and D5xxx has major difference of focus point, iso, sensor size ..

nac

Aspiring Novelist
What is major difference between 1200D and 700D , there is almost 10K difference in price however, spec wise I see that 700D has touch screen , articulated screen and 5 fps burst while 1200D has slightly better ISO but lower (3 fps) burst. rest seems identical..

On the other hand Sony SLT A58 also looks tempting, though not a DSLR but far easier to use and built in shake reduction and have fasted autofocus than 700D, 1200D, D5200 etc. and best viewfinder .. ?
Yeah, even for small difference they charge more. Like they just put little bigger sensor and better hardware and they're charging 10x for 5D series camera :D It's common... You can look at things in a different angle, for a little difference they are offering 1200D lot cheaper ;)

I think I have discussed about A58 in one of my previous posts. Best EVF? I don't think so... I prefer to have OVF over EVF in camera.

OP
Ricky

Ricky

Cyborg Agent
Yeah, even for small difference they charge more. Like they just put little bigger sensor and better hardware and they're charging 10x for 5D series camera :D It's common... You can look at things in a different angle, for a little difference they are offering 1200D lot cheaper ;)

I think I have discussed about A58 in one of my previous posts. Best EVF? I don't think so... I prefer to have OVF over EVF in camera.

I understand the tradeoff, but as I mentioned, being my first DSLR , I should go for something from lower end to start and later, I may go for something on higher end, may be full from D810 from nikon.. Here I wanted to avoid Nikon DX for , canon 750D is more I need but quite costly. Also, as from my first post, going with 18-140mm camera seems more logical than dual combo kit.

Then there are recommendation to go for STM lenses in Canon and VRII in Nikon ... so with those , there is no way to keep it under 50K .

arsenalfan001

Arsenal Fan
Well, if had 100K then would have already made the purchase, it means I have yet not decided.

However, the D3300 and D5xxx has major difference of focus point, iso, sensor size ..

Only the number of focus points are different. D3XXX offer 11, 1 cross type. D5xxx offers 39, 11 cross type.
Sensor size is same, all are APS-C.
For iso, anything above 3200 on a crop sensor does not make sense - there will be too much noise.

The point is, a DSLR is never too basic if we are upgrading from PnS or a mobile camera, just that we need to learn to use it fully. I use a D5500 with 18-140mm and yet to utilise even 50% of its potential.

Cyanide

Broken In
As far as I know the only difference between D5300 and D5500 is the later has touch screen.

I suggest you to check reviews on canonrumors.com for Canon bodies and lenses.

IMO D5300 with 18- 140 is a very good option.
The no of autofocus points in Canon are much less compared to Nikon (in the same price range).
I feel Nikon is better than Canon in terms of technology (better sensor size in Nikon).

Please read review of Canon's new version of 50MM prime lens.

Top Bottom